Skip to content

TRIUMPH Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport unveiled TIGER 1050

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > TIGER 1050 > Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport unveiled

Triumph has unveiled its new Tiger Sport 1050, which was first spotted by MCN in March 2012, and again in a more finished form in November. Power is improved by 10bhp over the outgoing model (now up to 123bhp) and the bodywork has been redesigned. The bike also features a new swingarm, wheels and suspension. Prices for the Tiger Sport will be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 January 2013 10:33)

Post a message in TIGER 1050

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
taz_of_tazmania

Nov 02

Some likes and some dislikes

Like the look of the new seat. Looks more pillion friendly. Didn't buy the old one because my better half was perched too high up when we tried it. It was like scaling a cliff. Add luggage and it was enough for us to say "forget it". New one looks much better. The graphics though, especially on the restyled side panel, look a bit naff. Will have to see in the metal before I write it off but the stickers are unnecessary and spoil the look. If you've got minimal bodywork just shape it well and forget the stickers. The shade of red used on the red version looks a bit cheap in the photos. A mass centralised exhaust would've helped on a tall bike like this too, not to mention the added room for increased luggage capacity.

Reply to this Topic
philtastic

Oct 06

philtastic says:

'new' Tiger 1050

I am very disapointed by the 'new' Tiger 1050 which unfortunately isn't anywhere near good enough to justify me trade my existing Tiger 1050 (5yrs old and 25k miles). The latest offering from Triumph is no where near the Multistrada beater that I was hoping for. A mere 10 bhp hike to 123bhp is not enough, when the 1050 engine is capable of much more.  
I am sad to say that this looks like a parts bin lash up to use up all the old Tiger, Speed Triple and Sprint parts before they bring out the proper new model.

Regards

Phil

Reply to this Topic
Preadator

Jan 12

Preadator says:

What's the point?

Triumph already do a great Tiger 800, and a brilliant Tiger Explorer and they are both great for pillions, i really can't see the point in a Tiger 1050 sport. The cost will probably be close to the Explorer, so just go for the Explorer with the bigger engine and electronic wizardry, its much better looking too.

Looking at the pics of this sport model i think the pillion will hate it just as much as the previous model.

Reply to this Topic
Hyabusa1340

Apr 11

Hyabusa1340 says:

Tiger Tiger..!

Why?

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

new tiger

Ive had two tigers before, this doesnt look very updated, a couple of people mentioned the new seat, it doesnt look adjustable in height, not good enough,same with the power, 10 bhp more aint enough , If your going to make a "sport upright" and there is a market, 150bhp is required as Ducatti and KTM have decided

My last one had a  knackered shock after about 15k miles, and I didnt do any two up riding, at least the chain guard looks longer on the new one, mine was 3 inches too short and sprayed shite and oil on  panniers, and it was expensive to service.

But in all fairness I quite liked the bike/ride, it was comfortable all day long and never left me at the side of the road, it just had a poor shock, shite lights, short chain guard and you had to really ring its neck to keep up with sports bikes and it needed more power.

I would concider another tiger, but not this one, I will look athe KTM or the multistrader

Reply to this Topic
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

Not a convincing replacement...

for the much lamented ST 1050. I've been looking forward to seeing Trumpet stick the current Speed triple lump in with a stubby type end can...I don't want panniers with all the mounting rails and restricted space in the off-side box...I want to use my throw-overs...so ditch the high level exhaust ,Trumpet...and you might just have a sale. It is bound to be competitively priced 'cos the lump is 8 years old,now and probably won't comply with the next version of Euro-shite. My mate has a M/S and it is awesome, but I aint interested in PSS2 electronics and it uses at least 15% more fuel than my '10 plate 1050 ST. 130 BHP would be more than plenty, even two up.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

I was hoping the bars wouldn't be 5 foot away from the seat, and that it would fit people under 6ft

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

I don't see much change. Maybe I'm being a bit blind here? Why doesn't Triumph stop messing about and bring back a decent Sprint ST 1050 sports tourer and introduce a Daytona 1050?

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

low power

the old suzuki sv1000 had 125 hp. why so low power? nice bike dough

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

not much to get excited about

Reply to this Topic