Skip to content

TRIUMPH Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport unveiled TIGER 1050

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > TIGER 1050 > Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport unveiled

Triumph has unveiled its new Tiger Sport 1050, which was first spotted by MCN in March 2012, and again in a more finished form in November. Power is improved by 10bhp over the outgoing model (now up to 123bhp) and the bodywork has been redesigned. The bike also features a new swingarm, wheels and suspension. Prices for the Tiger Sport will be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 January 2013 10:33)

Post a message in TIGER 1050

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Jarrefan

Nov 09

Jarrefan says:

Triumph, Hmmmmmmm

"I gotta get me one of those........." Yum,yum bubble gum

Reply to this Topic
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

Now that's an exhaust, Teaboy.

Any idea how much the conversion is? Does it work for an MOT? 'Cos in my opinion the Tiger Sport with one of these on hits the spot. The balance of power to possible economy and tank range is a major issue and for me, fast scratching at w/e's and touring Europe two-up just doesn't reconcile with new Honda VFR st.... shit tank range and thirsty.....who actually needs 1200cc when 1050 and around 125bhp does most of what we need? OK if your Shakey or his pals bag yourself a 'blade or Panigale...but don't come moaning to me that you wrists,back,neck hurts  .....and that you need to stop for gas every hour...get real.

Reply to this Topic
Teaboy1962

Mar 09

Teaboy1962 says:

Exaust

Crawsue for current 1050 tiger £336.75 sold in uk by BR Special Tuning just Google them

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Just wish they had changed the nose more, still looks like a rabbit head. The rest of the bike is pretty cool and I love the mono swingarm and back wheel. Very competent bike for sure.

Reply to this Topic
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

Hold it ElDiablo.....

.......nothing is new in the mad ,bad world of motorcycling and BMW are no better than the rest, they even used a complete set of Yamaha R6 fairings and bodypanels when they developed the SS 1000...and many have speculated that their engine design leaves more than a nod to the current GSXr 1000 mill. Mr Earles wasn't too pleased when they used his theory and design for the K series front end. Like all mainstream manufacturers, Triumph put their own spin on successful ,current trends. So flavour of the month is Adventure style 'bikes that seldom leave the tarmac, BMW pioneered the genus, but even committed sports 'bike makers, Ducati,see how the trend is working. With the demographic of the Western economies riders getting steadily older, it makes sense to target stiff old guys with sit-up-and-beg styles. At least Trumpet have found their "mojo" with Triple engines.....sounds as though Yamaha are moving back down that road as well. The proposed new Tiger Sport isn't perfect and probably won't dent the sales of the Multistrada...which is gizmo loaded...and at least £4k dearer....but many are unimpressed with BMW's recent service records...they no longer have a presence in Gl;asgow or the West of Scotland.

Reply to this Topic
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

Annual accounts

don't bear out your analogy I'm afraid,DiAblo,Triumph's resurrection is based firmly on innovative engineering and modern day styling.....there is no-way that they could have become a world class player just by rehashing someone else's ideas.  I don't think anyone would consider the 2nd generation Tiger to have any styling clues in comparison to the GS with it's boxer twin engine that by BMW's own advertising traces it's history back to the 1930s. The name of the game in automotive engineering is building "brand loyalty"...you obviously have this in spades with BMW and no one can knock that....but rubbishing a new offering from another manufacturer ,especially against a model that has not seen the light of day yet is in my opinion counter-intuitive. All manufacturers will attempt to carve a share of any niche in the market....that's why BMW have ditched the "S" boxer twins...even in HP guise,to chase the market leading Japanese, who stick with 4 cylinders...'cos? They are so bl88dy powerful.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

It isn't a Tiger 1050 Sport, it's a Speed Triple tourer. Drop it from the range Triumph and give us a new Sprint and a 1050 Daytona.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Why the hatred of tall bikes?

I may not particularly like the styling, but there's no doubt that the Tiger sport has very little in common with the GS other than height. More you could say that the Ducati Multistrada is a version of it, or it is a version of a TDM. It's a tall sports tourer and why not? Big people like a "sporty" handling bike as well without having to crunch themselves up. At 6'5" I no longer have any wish to have my head in front of the windscreen, nor do I like my 36" legs seizing after 15 minutes on a bike. It may not be my sort of eye candy, but I'm sure I'd have a blast on one.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I've got to say I don't consider Triumph's bikes to be copies of BMWs, the obvious difference being the engines but if we are going down that road, you could say that every 4x4 is a copy of a Willys jeep from WW2 as I'm sure manufacturers got their original ideas from that and saw a gap in tha market. Were Honda, Yamaha etc all slated for making V twins coz they they were copying Harleys, Ducatis etc? Bikes in the cruiser/adventure/sports etc categories all have a basic shape and if you change that shape, its not going to be 'fit for purpose'. I think the BMW owners slating Triumph as copies are just jealous of their success but its a free world and people buy what they want. Personally, I've never understood why you would make an off-road bike with cylinders that stick out like a BMW. You don't see other manufacturers going down that route which they could if they wanted!

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

Christ ElDiablo where the the hell are you from (sounds like from the local BMW dealers).The difference between a Elxplorer and the GS are like chalk and cheese,granted it's a adventure bike but the engineering is completly different,same with the 800.If Triumph want to copy they would have had the flat twin but nobody in there right mind would develop that old technoligy.I'm not knocking the GS if thats your cup of tea then good luck.From what i read you'll need it,just make sure you join the AA Relay.

I do agree with you on one point,the Trophy is a blatent copy style wise and like you say if i want a Triumph i don't want a BMW clone and buy the way who makes the Mini !.

Seems to me Diablo you are looking for an excuse and coming on here ranting makes you feel better cos you are not entirely happy with what you are about to do.This is about the Tiger Sport and a mighty fine bike it is.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices