Skip to content

TRIUMPH Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport unveiled TIGER 1050

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > TIGER 1050 > Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport unveiled

Triumph has unveiled its new Tiger Sport 1050, which was first spotted by MCN in March 2012, and again in a more finished form in November. Power is improved by 10bhp over the outgoing model (now up to 123bhp) and the bodywork has been redesigned. The bike also features a new swingarm, wheels and suspension. Prices for the Tiger Sport will be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 January 2013 10:33)

Post a message in TIGER 1050

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

I Like

Well i for one am pleased that Triumph have'nt messed this up.Stand this bike against anything in it's class and it looks as good if not better.

Not a lot to go on here but the uprated suspension alone will make a big difference.The extra Horses,fueling changes,gearing,georamity,lighter wheels,brakes and who knows what else,even the seat looks lower and the bars further back so normal people have a chance

I would ditch the high can though and get something Aftermarket,lose weight,lower centre of gravity and get more Horses.:biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Pete1050

Jan 13

Pete1050 says:

Stop Gap bike

I agree with other comments, I love Triumphs but I do think in some areas they losing there way. First the the 1050GT now the Tiger Sport both run out models made into something else. They should have kept the Sprint St 1050 going and added an option with straight bars, like you can,t get them already from any bikes parts places. That would have been a much better sporty and exciting prospect than this . Would like to see like others are saying a 1100 cc or 1200 cc Sport Touring and Daytona.... Get your finger out Triumph we don't all want to ride Adventure class bikes and Touring bikes, some of are still young and want to have real fun....

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

i think i get it now

So really it's a a taller, half faired, more comfortable Speed Triple for tall people with long arms and legs?

Reply to this Topic
cousinbillybob

Jan 13

The only redeeming feature of this bike is that Triumph have left the exhausts where they should be - under the seat... Unlike the new Street Triple and 675 Daytona...! Otherwise, it looks exactly like the old model. Bit like Porsche launching a new 911, and making it look exactly like the old one..!!!

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

low volume seeler here why not buy the speed III

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

One armed tiger.

I was interested in buying one of the Tiger 1050s' and so went to a dealers who had a nice very low mileage model in used of course,so i slung my leg over and sat down.

Comfy but.......Oh dear, HEAVY !!:shock:

Just pushing forward with my feet felt like forever combined with the wide rear footprint, it dragged but i have to say once you'd get used to the bike i suppose like anything else it'd get easier.

The new model looks good with the single arm, i still like the single arm design as it looks cool and they haven't messed too much with the looks. Just hope Triumph have kept the price cool as well.:upset:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I had a Sprint ST 1050 and one of my biggest complaints was the single side swinging arm. The wheel is held on with a single large 46mmAF nut. I carried a 46mm socket with me on holidays in case of a puncture and guess what? I got one in France and the bike dealers I got taken to (after a call to Carole Nash breakdown) didn't have a three quarter drive socket wrench, couldn't take the wheel off so only plugged it. It would be great if the wheel was held on with 4 small bolts like other manufacturers, otherwise not very practicle.

Reply to this Topic
gsxr1969

Apr 04

gsxr1969 says:

i actually like Triumphs tweaks. The stripe on the side of the tank cover / failing looks inspired by the cx500 turbo.

Reply to this Topic
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

Multi-strada competitor?

I believe that it's a good seller for those that want the adventure look but know they'll never go off-road. Probably needs some more technology but perhaps they're concerned it would steal sales from the Explorer..?

Reply to this Topic
Robell

Aug 02

Robell says:

Looks promising

Well it's getting closer to a replacement ST.

Looks to have been extensively modified from the previous model, all for the better. The projector candles have finally been replaced, tho that exhaust probably means only Triumph's hard cases will fit.

Should be a great all-rounder, without being as fugly as the "adventure" bikes and, to be honest, 120bhp is plenty.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices