Skip to content

TRIUMPH Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport unveiled TIGER 1050

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > TIGER 1050 > Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport unveiled

Triumph has unveiled its new Tiger Sport 1050, which was first spotted by MCN in March 2012, and again in a more finished form in November. Power is improved by 10bhp over the outgoing model (now up to 123bhp) and the bodywork has been redesigned. The bike also features a new swingarm, wheels and suspension. Prices for the Tiger Sport will be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 January 2013 10:33)

Post a message in TIGER 1050

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

The Triumph take on the Adventure market is in there style,as they see it.There may be cues to BMW but thats all.All the top manufacturers are in there and all have similarity's.Threre's not a great deal of difference style wise.Look at the car market and the similarity's there.It's the way business works.

You invest huge amount's of money in a new product you want the best return possible.Look at the Kawasaki 1L Versys it seems to be a none starter and that's the difference between that and the Explorer which has got out the starting blocks running.Your argument's just don't stand up ELdiablo and that's all i have to say.

Reply to this Topic
NewAeon

Jun 12

NewAeon says:

I'm in!

Good God, quit whining that they didn't change it ENOUGH. They took the Tiger 1050 and called it the Tiger 1050 sport, and made it a bit sportier. That's it. Just because they updated a model (with the things people had been asking for on the 1050, I might add) doesn't mean that Triumph suddenly *owes* everybody a completely revolutionized new model. They also released the Explorer this year and the Tiger 800 the year before.

As for the triumph copying BMW, I could care less. In any case the 1050 sport seems to be in a league of its own. The 1050 was already the most sporty and road oriented of the "adventure touring" bikes, by far, and this one's just going to make it that much more so. I for one, would love to ride one.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Last year, Triumph had the highest sales figures for bikes over 600cc so it looks like people don't care who copies who. With the current economical climate, we in this country (UK!) should revel in this success. My local dealer says he can't sell Tigers (800 & 1200) fast enough and theres a waiting list some of the time.

Reply to this Topic
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

No doubt that the GS 1150....

was the real deal for long distance adventures...the 1200 has sold phenominally...but many long term BMW owners suggest that build quality and service problems have diluted the image ,somewhat. How different things might have been if KTM hadn't made one of the motorcycling world's worst commercial decisions.....when they dismissed Ewan and Charlie's long way round jolly. The large capacity 'bike market has been turned on it's head in the past 5 years, as all the major manufacturers have watched the demopraphic grow older and less "superbike" focussed....who would have guessed that Ducati would have even considered Multistradas and Diavels. But putting the peeps with the cash on any kind of wheels is what it is all about, nobody can say that Triumph arn't making a pretty good fist of covering all the bases. Finding a way of encouraging new riders is the next focus....just look how H_D painted themselves into a corner by non-diversification.

Reply to this Topic
NewAeon

Jun 12

NewAeon says:

El Diablo...

Doesn't seem to understand the relationship between correlation and causation.

Just because you think Triumph is copying BMW, and BMW is selling more bikes doesn't mean that BMW's sales are a result of people thinking Triumph is just an inferior copy of BMW. An 11 year old could see through your limp excuse for an argument.

BMW would be selling more bikes than triumph even if their bikes looked nothing like one another. BMW is a larger distributor and sells more bikes than a lot of other manufacturers. They sell more bikes than Victory as well. Is Victory therefore an inferior copy of BMW?

In either case the Trophy is usually reviewed better than the K1200GT, so if the BMW still sells better it's because of people making silly emotional decisions, such as deciding that the "original" must be better than the "copy", based on the fact that they look similar. In that case I'm more than glad that Triumph is more focused on making a better bike than focusing their time and energy trying design a bike that looks NOTHING like any other, just to appeal to idiots who react more to appearance than to performance.

Reply to this Topic
wayoflife

Dec 11

wayoflife says:

tiger sport

ok...so the Tiger Sport is not a ground breaking new model from start to finish, but having owned a Tiger 1050 for the last 5yrs, all the updates are exactly , in my opinion, what are required. If priced at the current costs for the Tiger 1050 then should sell...but for me it would be my bike plus 5K so not sure if this model is worth it. Big bonus for me is the lack of electronic intervention....keep it simple...keep it cheap to buy/run/service

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Maybe BMW is kicking Triumphs arse worldwide but how many BMW dealers are there compared to Triumph? BMW have been, as far as I know, a going concern since early last century whereas Triumph have only been operating in their present guise since 1990. BMW have been flogging flat twins for over 70 odd years so with all that time for development you would expect them to be better (more reliable, less oil burning, better finish etc) than they are. I think it will be only a matter of time, maybe a few years before Triumph sales overtake BMW worldwide. Depends on how many more countries and dealers take them on.

Reply to this Topic
NewAeon

Jun 12

NewAeon says:

missed the point again...

I'm not saying they're not taking queues from BMW. I'm saying many of their bikes are considered better than the "originals" so it matters not one bit to a person who cares more about the quality of a bike than the petty concept of who copied who.

In any case, I think all the tigers are different enough from their BMW equivalents that they merit consideration for different applications, especially the 1050, which I don't think has an equivalent.

Also, I'm not British. Not sure where you got that from.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

ElDiablo73!

Don't understand your last comment. You'll have to explain to me what xa repeated means. Its not in the Lancashire dictionary!

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

Mr ElDiablo

Just thought this guy may be suffering deep emotional stress and needs help,here's some suggestion's to his condition:--

Hates Triumph being successfull......Likes the feeling of superiority that a GS would give(high seat,humongus 2 cyl. engine,more trinkets than jewlery shop,humongus nose is extension of w*lly)......hates all other Adventure bikes cos their all copys......natural sh*t stirrer.....dogs died.....wife's left.....wife's come back.....snev's upset him......hates work.....hates winter.....perhaps he is just a natural  pain in the neck and so well suited to riding a BMW.

Any other sugestions would be appreciated so we can get to the bottom as to why this guy is unplesent

Sorry i'm bored today

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle