Skip to content

TRIUMPH Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport unveiled TIGER 1050

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > TIGER 1050 > Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport unveiled

Triumph has unveiled its new Tiger Sport 1050, which was first spotted by MCN in March 2012, and again in a more finished form in November. Power is improved by 10bhp over the outgoing model (now up to 123bhp) and the bodywork has been redesigned. The bike also features a new swingarm, wheels and suspension. Prices for the Tiger Sport will be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 January 2013 10:33)

Post a message in TIGER 1050

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

bmw copy?

Boys I cant help noticing the article is on a new Tiger1050, and it doesnt look like a BMW, its was one of the first tall bikes that came with road tyres, sharp brakes, and handled more like a road bike than an off roader.I had one and really likes it, its far from perfect, but a good comfy bike I could ride all day long.

However things are moving on as the Ducatti Multi has shown, and the new KTM,  my view, this is an update and isnt enough for me.

However the 1200 explorer does look a bit BMW, and you cant hide from the fact the new Trophy  is very like a BMW, which is a shame and lacks belief in the design team, its disapointing and after 6 triumphs I have changed brand, they seem to have lost their way and I for one want a bit more excitement from motorbikes, if not careful they could be the Volvo of bikes

Reply to this Topic
garmit

Feb 11

garmit says:

Refreshing

It's still refreshing to see a bike that is obviously out there to compete with the competitive GS market and id doesn't have one of those ridiculous beaks! I think the triple lends itself admirably to a road bike in the sports tourer market with a beautiful linear power train and a gorgeous sound. The only criticism I ever had of the Tiger was its height. Let's face it, a bike this porky is never going to be a mudslinger so why the high suspenders. It would be nice to have a low slung version so the Sports Tourer market can be really interesting instead of a procession of silver lard-arse barges. Go Triumph. And can we have a proper nice looking 800 and 1050 sports tourer rather than the ugly Sprint, which when you remove the panniers looks like somene has stolen part of the back end. Also a more highly strung bonneville under 195kgs would be pleasant. And finally: 2 shorter silences rather than one great big ugly beast please.

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Almost right

almost everything I'm looking for in a replacement for the R1100S. Single sided swing arm. High exhaust. Reasonable power. Only thing missing for me is a low maintenance drive train. Belt or shaft drive and I'd have been dusting down the cheque-book.

Reply to this Topic
Ridewraith

Feb 13

Ridewraith says:

Too Safe but good effort

Very interested to test ride the new Tiger Sport. I own a 2008 Tiger & 2005 Speed Triple. The Speed Triple is for me one of the most enjoyable fun bikes in existence, I bought it for the gutsy torque laden engine, slightly mad styling and delightful wail from even the standard exhausts. It is like an angry p*$$ed off bulldog. Two things stop this being the perfect does everything bike. 1) any distance on a motorway is a miserable battering experience. 2) the front suspension only works on top quality 'A' road tarmac (not enough of these in my neighbourhood). So Tiger circa 2008 has a useful screen making distance pleasurable & the forks work on crappy B roads. For some disastrous reason Triumph detuned the Tiger engine and in doing so turned it from a bulldog into a Labrador. You can't just wind the throttle in top gear for instant overtakes or ripping out of bends like the Speed. I can't tell you how tempted I have been to get out the scanners and make one great bike out of two slightly flawed bikes. Triumph have finally had a go at doing it for me. Fixed the candles with decent headlights, whacked a few horses on the engine, made the luggage a proper size and given us a pretty looking single sided swing arm. As some of the other comments have implied, I believe Triumph have played it a little too safe, they should have put the the new speed triple engine in (130bhp not 123). However, this would have been so good that no one would buy the very competent and functional (but slightly bland) 800 & 1200 Tigers and that would just not be good for business!. So I predict some one could make a bucket load of cash if they set up their own business making a proper hybrid of the two bikes rather than the slightly too safe offering from Triumph. Go on, somebody do it, my cash is waiting.......

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle