You are in... Forums > General > General > NOT MADE IN CHINA

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

NOT MADE IN CHINA

Bought a 7" inner headlight kit from a car spares shop with a 60/55 halogen bulb and its rubber cap also a pilot 5w bulb with its holder and rubber grommit  for my Enfield lightning for £15,made in INDIA,

Probably next door to where the bike was made.:blink:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 January 2013 11:17)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

All the major manufacturers.......

Are having, components made or assembled in China & India, as well as from several other parts of the world.

Suzuki are making whole bikes in China.
KTM are making bikes in India
BMW have some engines made in Taiwan & some assembled in China
MV Agusta F4 & Brutale are being made in Brazil
Yamaha make bikes in Brazil
Honda make bikes in Turkey
Triumph make bikes in Thailand
Aprilia have the smaller bikes made in China 

Once one does it, the others have to follow suit to compete on price. Businesses are run by accountants nowadays.

As long as they are made to the correct standards I don't see a problem, it keeps the price down to us. 

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Krissmus

There in lies the problem. So long as they're made to the correct standard its ok but accountants are always asking for the costs to be reduced. That means coating get thinner or are removed and poorer quality materials are selected. For that trend you have manufacturers effectivey being convinced that quality is less important and price is the only goal.

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Correct Ste,,,,,but

The manufacturer's are now cutting down on labour costs by moving manufacture of components and/or assembly to foreign parts.

That could mean lesser cuts in quality & materials but it's doubtful. They want profits in a dismal market.

We are as much to blame!

We wanted cheaper bikes, what were they to do?

Bikes were (imo) better made in the 90's but mighty expensive! similar price 10 years later but not the same build quality.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

They've not just started that though

They've actively been manufacturing parts in cheaper countries (eg china, thailand etc) for around 8-15 years now. The request to reduce costs happens year after year though irrespective of if it's manufactured at the cheapest source currently available.

The standard of living in china is improving which involves increased cost of living. Consequently labour rates in china aren't likely to lower even though component costs are expected to drop.

The only thing that will stop a downward spiral of diminishing quality is consumer backlash against it. Like yourself I think stuff from the 90's /earlier 2000's was often better than new stuff now.

Reply to this Topic
entus

Sep 11

entus says:

China

has become the 'workshop of the world' a bit like Britain used to be but without any concept of quality.
The company I work for is part financed by a Chinese company and we get the majority of our components from the same company but, and this is a big but, the directors of the place I work at are now starting to realise that the Chinese can't supply the quality for any sustained amount of time. The upshot is this:- we are going to start making the components at our factory in Middleton near Manchester where we can control the quality ourselves.
They just don't have the ethos in China, it's more a case of quantity over quality.
If they do ever get a quality ethos in the Chinese manufacturing sector then the rest of the world is going down but I've been there and seen what sort of people are employed in the factory. They all work for 3 months then fuck off back to the countryside with more money than they'd earn in a year and take whatever skills and experience they may have gained away.
Another, final point. It ain't what they sell, it's what we buy. It's getting more difficult not to buy Chinese shit now but I do try to make a point of not doing if I can.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

never thought i

would hear that from you krismus sunk stain and even worse i agree excpt the mv thing india and china not brazil

the transfers are made in brazil same as 90% of all hi quality  transfers

Entus m8 you will not be able to be competertive

the chinks pay 1 bowl of rice and 50p  per day no extras to produce 50  

euro worker will need i state need  15 an hr  20 fag breaks lunch break pention overtime to produce 10

as for britain  being the 'workshop of the world'  we were the engineering workshop of the world us the dutch and germans   and still are .. we  just ae not competertive with 3rd world countries

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

There's always one muppet......

Who can't use the internet, isn't there, Bratoily?

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/mv-agusta-motorcycles-made-in-brazil-for-brazilian-market-36666.html

Attached images:

1. Bratoily  
  2. Bratoily  
Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

spunkless

oh dear go to the mv site b4 you start

they have not started production yet still in talks

yep for the brazilian market  not for world wide distribution you wank stain

for mv,s world wide market it just transfers

and why do you keep posting pics of yourself ... i have told you before there is knoway im going to sleep with you

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

Now then my old 'roo burglar...

Rattled the old cage there :lol::lol::lol::lol:Wrong again muppet.

No worries, we're all aware you are just a bullshitting old fool.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices