Skip to content

General Don't know how many of you smoke Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Don't know how many of you smoke

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

entus

Sep 11

entus says:

Don't know how many of you smoke

but I ain't had a cig for two weeks now because I've started using electronic cigs. If you want to carry on using nicotine without the nasty chemic try them out. I don't want to sound evangelical but they do work. Loads of websites selling them. Get the clearomiser type you can refill with different flavours. I can climb my stairs now without feeling fucked at the top.
Shit, I sound like one of those mock, Chinese members who try to flog crap bikes and say shit like, 'Life make horny seagull of your peaceful mind. Most thrustful.'

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 January 2013 23:50)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

give up

Sounds like you should give up on something else as well.I gave up fags 30 years ago for the same reason.

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

good on ya

its been a yr for me ... i started on champax .. but i talk with a lisp  so i have 20 boxes of tampax if you need them

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Quit

Quit time:
Time Smoke-Free: 1242 days, 7 hours, 21 minutes and 53 seconds

Most days I don't even think about it.  Main regret is not quitting a long time back, and starting in the first place for that matter.

Only problem is putting on a few pounds as a result, which is proving harder to shake off than I'd have thought. 

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Ah good

from talking to most of my patients with coronary artery disease most of them smoke and a lot of them it takes the agony and near death of a heart attack to get them to stop.

EDIT: although I'd never have a go at anyone for trying to quit and failing - I'm dependent on steroids and can appreciate just how hard it is to get off something you're physically dependent on, unlike most bloody doctors.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

give up

I couldn't walk more than a few steps without my right leg going numb. Blocked arteries, no circulation. My surgeon says, you'll almost certainly lose your foot, and maybe half your leg.... my missus was in tears... this was fathers day last year, in the surgeons office. Haven't touched a fag since. Had a big op, new arteries from my Aorta to both femurs, I now have circulation, and can walk again,... however my foot is still a bit cold, so how long I can keep that, I'm not sure. I have circulation in my feet, so hoping for the best...... :smile

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"Since

i lost one of my lungs, i've cut my smoking in half" :ph43r:

Quote care of Cheech and Chong :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I smoke

:upset:Tried the e, cigs and was okay for a couple of weeks then all hell broke loose. Sores all round my mouth and for the first time had to take o my bed.

I've tried everything now, Zyban as well (after much persuasion) nothing, not a jot seems to work.  I probably don't have the right mind set.  I enjoy it so the mentality isn't there.

Wrinkles? don't have too many for a skinny wench nearing 50 but then I exercise quite a lot in the fresh air 7 days a week, either that or good genes!!

It will probably kill me but my reasoning is my Grand mother died at 62 not having smoked or drank, my father died at 61 who did both and my brother died at 20 doing both.  So if your numbers up it is up and hereditary illnesses play a big part.

I admire those who can and empathise with those that can't.  Even Bradley Wiggins smokes the odd fag!!

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

only the

rastafairian oild holbourne

bet u look a right fairy with a plastic burry

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
Barney Fartpants

Sep 07

myself

I haven't smoked since October. I had one of those flus where you feel like shit for a couple of days, didn't smoke cos I couldn't face it and just haven't since.

It hasn't been too bad considering I work in a baccy factory!

Reply to this Topic
hairybob

Jan 09

hairybob says:

If you can

give up. 8 yrs for me, cold turkey no problem, wish I could give up the sweets & biscuits as easily.   

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices