Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ROY193

Jan 13

ROY193 says:

CRACKS IN TYRES

:unsure:

Hi Fellow bikers, I am in dispute with Bridgestone over why my rear tyer is showing cracks in the bottom of the tread after only 3500 miles, they claim it is due to underinflation I am sure this can not be the cause.

Is there anyone out there that has had a similar problem with Bridgestone tyres, mine is an EXEDRA any info would help 

Regards wingnut

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 January 2013 12:27)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

No they're not...

trailies,they're cruiser tyres mostly...seem to come in a variety of tread patterns.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Angry hatter....

got 25,000 miles out of his.:shock:

Reply to this Topic
ROY193

Jan 13

ROY193 says:

cracking tyres

:unsure:

In reply to the question of age and bike make

The bike is a Honda 1500 Goldwing, the tyre has only been on the bike for 1 year, and was made in 09 as far as I can tell and this is the second one that has had the same fault,I had to replace them both at subsiquent  MOT due to splits, normaly I would get up to 6000 miles from a back tyre as I do not ride hard, the front tyre is currently on about 4,500 with no signs of problems, If age of tyre before fitting is a problem why are tyre companies allowed to fit them over a certain age 

Cheers wingnut

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

just read up on this particular make of tyre

(bored) it is supposed to take a lot of miles designed for cruisers, but cruisers in America have a lot of straight long roads.

All in all most of us would be happy with that mileage, but given what they are designed to do I suppose that is quite conservative

The problem is proving it, in all honesty that is going to be difficult to prove.

I would just get a new tyre:smile

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

Load Rating

The wing is a heavy bike, I assume you've checked the tyre load ratings are correct. Otherwise switch to Dunlop E3's

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices