You are in... Forums > General > General > A nice mountain ride today

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

A nice mountain ride today

with a lovely ending. I aways stop at our 'local' the Heartbreak for an end of ride lunch, usually it's Freddie the argie but today it was Joanna the nicest Bulgarian ever. To top off the day I heard a shout "ROGER" and Nina walked in not my Nina but Nina who used to work there and may be coming back, hugs n kisses all round from both, the old partnership of Nina and Joanna can't be beaten. :biggrin:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 January 2013 13:47)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

The CV 715

my favourite mountain route where senor babyrocket's going this summer, lots of twisty and switchback bends. The dog is also called Roger so don't be confused between Roger and Nina and --- Nina and Roger :lol::lol::lol:

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Nice

Not remotley envious:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Vulc!

See if you can rearrange these 2 familiar words into a more appropriate sentence.....

Off Piss!!!!!!    :biggrin:

Very jealous mate... Lucky you, nice one!

FLYER   :wink: 

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

flyer

it's only 565 miles from Santander :wink: a days ride. Yes today was another pinch myself to see if it was real moment another time to sit in the sun thinking 'WHY ? why didn't I do it earlier' sat opposite 2 of the nicest people I've met who accept this old English git with no preconceptions or bias.

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

I like it man!

Sounds like the life I wanna lead this year.... Rent the house out.. Stay with a friend in Nairobi for a few weeks, stay with a friend in Goa for a month.. Live with a couple I know in Thailand the rest of the year... I'm doing what I can to make it happen.. Keep up the good work Vulc.. They look like lovely strangers! Living the dream sir!

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Vulcan

You are living the life mate :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrider

Aug 05

vulcanrider says:

Marcus

if you're down the Costa Blanca way this year let me know, we're in a 2 bedroomed apartment 2 bathrooms and a big garage with room for your bike.

TBH we live a similar life to what we did in Corwall but without the crap weather, the high energy bills and high costs of everything else. The big advantage for me is that being retired with good weather in abundance I can ride either bike more or less whenever I like.

did anyone see the programme about 3 families who move abroad last night ? 'trouble abroad' I think it was called. One lot went to France, one to Florida and a woman who opened 'a little bar in Spain' None of them had their eyes fully open, we've seen so many 'little bars in Spain' open and close within 3 or 4 months we stopped counting. The pair who went to France after he did a course in wine making then bought a vineyard at the end of its life were the only ones at the end of the programme who appeared to be getting anywhere after monumental finacial struggles. The bunch in Florida were £42,000 in debt at the time of making the programme £52,000 in debt a year later, his business went under he can't work in the USA his Mrs works 2 jobs and the bills weren't getting paid. What a way to live ffs. We came here knowing we had a healthy income to start with plus we're both getting our state pensions now, Nina's started this week ( almost 2 years later than it should have started) mine kicked in last July. I wouldn't in this current fiscal climate even contemplate life here if I needed to work, the work simply isn't here any more.

The 2 nicest strangers--- it sometimes puzzles me how openly and warmly we're accepted by the local Spanish and their own immigrant workers, Nina is Slovakian Joanna Bulgarian. Joanna in particular is such a decent girl, she was worried today as she hadn't seen either of us for 2 weeks, pure chance that we've not been in while she's been working. She grew up under communism and I put her niceness down to not living in a cynical society. Nina is very outspoken and direct no messing with her ! It's been a learning experience living with Norwegian and Dutch neighbours, if you want blunt speak to Anna  my wife Nina's Nowegian friend and mother of a Hells Angel :laugh: 

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Is that blue sky ????

Keep posting the pic`s Vulc.....  it helps...:smile

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

HB004.....

now that looks a fun road....:smile

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

CV715

Don't know if I've done that one.  It's a bit out of the way for me.  Will have to check it out.

Watch this space... :biggrin::sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle