Ask an Expert Licence changes 19 January 2013 Legal

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Licence changes 19 January 2013

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

olderbutnowiser

Dec 10

Licence changes 19 January 2013

I might have been missing something about the licence changes of 19 January 2013.  I have held a class A licence for over 40 years (I passed my bike test in 1971), I have not done any CBT, Theory or any other DVLA based training. Does this mean I now lose this class ie. I can still ride any size motorcycle, or have I now to go on an enhanced course ? The DVLA website is confusing ( or it might be my age ?).

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 January 2013 14:16)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

I Think

that if you have to retake tests , then the majority of us also would, and as i can't hear the major uproar that would have caused i'm guessing you'll be fine to carry on as you are! ... i think:blink::doubt:

Reply to this Topic
olderbutnowiser

Dec 10

Licence changes 19 January 2013

Thanks for that, it's what I thought. But knowing the incompetence of the DVLA ( like them losing qualifications on renewal )  I just thought after looking at their website, that it will suddenly blow up, after someone is caught out ?

Reply to this Topic
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

you will only be affected if you lose your licence and re-apply, which means we all sit here not bothered as we already have licences while new comers get shafted...i would love to know if there's anything us full licence holders can do to help the new guys, these new licences are bull, we need less restriction on bikes and more on cars! ive never been the fault of an accident but ive been hit by buses and all sorts, we need more crack downs on them 4 wheeled mayhems called cars, not us!

Reply to this Topic
olderbutnowiser

Dec 10

Politics

We are an easy small target, that makes it look like the government are actually doing some work, by changing biking access !  Although, the police chase car drivers and collect fines etc, the Politicians still need lots of them for tax and votes.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle