Skip to content

Discuss This DSA video explains new licence rules General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > DSA video explains new licence rules

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

DSA video explains new licence rules

The Driving Standards Agency has released a video on new motorcycle licence rules coming into force on January 19. The three-minute video explains the minimum age limits for different types of motorcycles under the new rules.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 January 2013 15:58)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
billysollocks

Feb 09

Call me a cynical old sod, but this seems to be a deliberate attepmt to make getting a licence so bloody difficult and expensive that people will quite simply give up on the idea. That way, the casualty rates are reduced without vote losing legislation being needed and the politicos don't have to debate any contentious bills. It will be dressed up as  a " road safety" move, whcih is utter horseshit. Methinks it's time to get off our collective butts and start effective lobbying and let out voices be heard. As a MAG member, they'll continue to get my support, because I will NOT let the bent bastards in suits take away my riding enjoyment.

Reply to this Topic
cbxade

Mar 06

cbxade says:

WTF

DAZED and CONFUSED. If i was 16- 23 i don't think i'd bother. I would cost a bloody fortune to get a full license with full entitlement.

(Shaking my head in utter despair)

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

Who thought  that lot up ? . I think it"s true , another way of discouraging bikers ,while car drivers of any age or  experience  go their merry way  . The government are always banging -on about  extra red-tape for government  dept.s  &  small businesses but how do they  excuse these rules for bikers ? . And NO I wouldn"t  bother with a bike either  if by some miracle I was  16 again .

Reply to this Topic
OliverTomlinson

Apr 13

Interactive diagram

Hi All,

We have just created an interactive diagram to help people understand the recent laws. You can find it by googling 'TDL motorcycle licence' or clicking HERE

Hope it helps, and let us know what you think!

Oliver

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices