Skip to content

Discuss This DSA releases list of ‘A2’ bikes General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > DSA releases list of ‘A2’ bikes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

DSA releases list of ‘A2’ bikes

The DSA has released a list of machines officially recognised as suitable for the new ‘A2’ motorcycle test. From January 19, all new riders under 24 will have to spend time restricted to 47bhp with an A2 motorcycle licence before graduating to unrestricted machines. The new rules are explained in a DSA video below. The DSA stressed that its list of A2-compatible...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 January 2013 16:32)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Brough Superior??

thats got to be a piss take?:huh:

Reply to this Topic
kingofthering94

Dec 12

You can also ride...

Triumph's Street triple... though it makes 106 bhp (more than the 94 limit needed before you can restrict it), you can order a 94bhp version through the dealer from the factory, which you can then restrict down. Not sure if it'll be 'test' worthy, as i see the Z800 isn't on the list to which similar happens, but at least you can ride one once passed! If more are to be put on the list, it'll be interesting to see if they acknowledge the Street.

Reply to this Topic
MankeyJohn

Sep 12

MankeyJohn says:

Worried

I have my Mod 2 on the 15th of jan. I am told that it is going to be snowey or icey. If my test gets canceld does anyone know if the law will apply to me if I retake after the 19th if there is no other date?

Reply to this Topic
Bebobobob

May 10

Bebobobob says:

Re: Worried

of course it will, complete before the date :)

Reply to this Topic
Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

Snow

Do your test in the snow, pussy, I did.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Well

that's as clear as mud.................off to buy a Saxo.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

it's the fact that all the A2 bikes have to be 175kg that gets me.. Correct me if I'm wrong.. but I think that means that a bike that makes 20bhp but weighs 160kg is ineligible.

Reply to this Topic
stuarthw

Sep 09

stuarthw says:

KTM Duke 690 and ~BM 650GS will be fun to ride. Can I remind all of us "older " types its our bloody "duty " to encourage youngsters onto bikes.... And i mean all youngsters we see riding (pedal) mountain bikes , 50cc Peugeot scoots etc etc . Nod to them , chat to them at the parking bay and perhaps take them for a pillion rode to show them the fun ! The industry has to change and make people more welcome . Otherwise these new regulations will kill biking .

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

@ titosfuneral, I think.....

I was a bit confused by all this myself so I did a bit of research and I THINK the maths is as follows (but I'm probably wrong, someone please correct me if so.)

Weight of bike (without fuel) in kg x 0.2  (for allowed kw per kg power to weight ratio for A2 licence)  x 1.341 (as 1 kw = 1.341 bhp)

Therefore 160kg x 0.2 = 32kw x 1.341 = 42.912bhp, so a 160kg bike (without any fuel) can have 42.912bhp.

For reference: 175kg x 0.2 = 35kw x 1.341 = 46.935bhp

I think. This could be bollocks. It wouldn't be the first time lol!

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Hey

stuarthw..........that's what i said :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy