Skip to content

Discuss This DSA releases list of ‘A2’ bikes General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > DSA releases list of ‘A2’ bikes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

DSA releases list of ‘A2’ bikes

The DSA has released a list of machines officially recognised as suitable for the new ‘A2’ motorcycle test. From January 19, all new riders under 24 will have to spend time restricted to 47bhp with an A2 motorcycle licence before graduating to unrestricted machines. The new rules are explained in a DSA video below. The DSA stressed that its list of A2-compatible bikes...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 January 2013 16:32)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

pointless waste of time

This is what happens when you put people in charge of things they know nothing about. Give someone a degree and a spreadsheet and they will f*ck things up! 

Here's a thought Eurocrats. If it aint broke don't fix it. I could draw your attention to the global economy which is totally broke. Go fix that instead. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Rstlevas

Oct 12

Rstlevas says:

Brough Superior ... which model/s? Please help. .

Reply to this Topic
Robell

Aug 02

Robell says:

DSA - Again !

Inclusion of that Brough really sums up the DSA.

Ever since the m/c  test supercentre fiasco, they've done nothing but demonstrate their incompetance.

How they continue to justify their existance, beats me.

Reply to this Topic
ELTef

Dec 10

ELTef says:

Well, that video really clears it up then doesn't it?

Great to see DSA and the bureaucrats going all out to encourage the use of economical, low-polluting and small footprint modes of transport - or perhaps not! The only people smiling will be the insurance companies who continue to rake it in as biking becomes ever more inaccessible and anaesthetic thanks to the regulatory Nazis. They'll be pushing for stabilisers next!

As someone says below, the ability of people who know nothing about what they're legislating for, other than what a spreadsheet tells them, to cock it up knows no bounds.

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

???

So when do we get A2 class cars???

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

the short contents of an e-mail sent to the DSA

nice i'm currently saving up to buy my brough superior, as your list suggests its suitable, i think i'll be able to get one of the last 100 in exsistance but it'll take me a long time to save up the 1,000,000 plus need to buy it. seriously ..... the inclusion of this model on your list shows just how badly this whole change has been thought out, like most goverment departments you are out of date and making rules on something you clearly know NOTHING about. muppets

Reply to this Topic
gsxr1969

Apr 04

gsxr1969 says:

Just shows that noone creating these laws has serious biking experience. as we all know riding dynamics between a heavy cruiser and a tall supermoto vary greatly and has more impact than power. does anyone know if these are Europe wide rules? Also seems daft to me to still quote bhp and all other figures in metric. can't we all just go kw ? Maybe that's because I live in euroland these days & I'm used to it.

Reply to this Topic
HerbertChapman

Sep 10

If your spluttering and frothinng about the Brough, I reckon the

staff at MCN are having a laugh at you watching their little joke fly over your head ;-)

Reply to this Topic
Sharpie007

Oct 12

Sharpie007 says:

More thought to restrictions?

Having a form of restriction to licence is not a bad idea, but I do believe an individuals experience should be taken into consideration. I rode a 125cc on a CBT licence for four years. This is how I learnt the craft of riding a motorcycle. Once I passed my unrestricted licence and jumped aboard my Street Triple, it was a surprise at how much I needed to relearn. However, without my fours years experience it would've been a much longer, more dangerous and costly learning curve. So why don't the powers to be allow those with two years experience with a CBT and a proven insurance record take the full unrestricted licence. Those without experience undergo the restricted licence and learn their craft and then move onto a unrestricted licence. Finally, I agree with those that mention the car licence. Restrict that.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

Some democracy we live in, i dont remember being given the chance to voice my opinion or give a vote, the whole system is broken, these morons need dragging out into the streets and flogging

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices