You are in... Forums > General > General > New bike

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

New bike

I collected my new RT today.  Happiness is a shiney new bike. Thanks to Laurent at Bahnstormer Maidenhead for great service.

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 January 2013 17:46)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

New bike

Still don`t like the colour.:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Marcus...

did you go straight for the BMW or did you try the Triumph/ Kawasaki options.It looks a comfy beast,them pillion pegs will give as much leg room as the rider as. not my style,but you've obviously picked the bike for what you required (two up riding/touring).Keep us updated.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Bike choice

Oldish - We tested the Pan and the BMW.  I didn't consider the Yam FJR based on press reports and the heavy fuel consumption and the Triumph Trophy is too new.  (Spending that sort of money I wanted a model that had been on the market for a while and therefore tired and tested)  We tested both bikes back to back and I deliberately didn't ride either solo.  The RT was, by some way, the better bike and for similar money to the Pan has a lot more toys on it. 

Before the test rides I really expected to prefer the Pan (a) because I am a bit for a Honda guy and (b) because I had an 1150GS a few years back and really didn't like it but it didn't work out that way.   

Not having owned a tourer before and because these things are expensive I did put a lot of thought into it before buying but, as you say, it is absolutely the bike for the job. It is far more than just a big bus; it is actually a really nice bike to ride and is more fun that its touring label would suggest. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices