You are in... Forums > General > General > forces stylie

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

forces stylie

Just had to change a brke caliper on volvo dunno what i hit/mrs. B hit, but it was fooked...about to bleed brakes with eazi bleed (bloody godsend on your own) and it was trying its hardest to snow...now i remember why i hated working on bogged down/shagged chalengerr 2's in Canada!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 January 2013 11:19)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

at least you can....

my mechanical knowledge is pretty much non-existent, always wished I had done some training.  My b-in-law used to work for Mercedes in Germany (once got offered a place in the McClaren F1 team..) and I was always in awe of his knowledge, bloody handy bloke to know when I was buying a car! 

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

tank mechanix..

most of it these days is just replacing, they r fitters not mechanics! We had to weld a cracked a drive hub on a challenger 2, just to get the damn thing out of the ranges..but you can lift the powerpack out in a cage, and the run it up outside thr tank to diagnose bigger issues..i.e yup its shagged..lol:lol:

1 yr at seme in bordon,,boring as hell..apart form the tracked course, plus i got my H category.

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

my uncle used

to marshall at scrambles (as they were in those days) for Salisbury MCC, one of the circuits use to e on Salisbury Plain, he was gutted when a novice Chieftan tank driver destroyed the marshall's hut........oops!  Been to Bovington tank museum and to the one at the Imperial War museum at Duxford, both really good displays and demos, would love to a 'trundle' in one....a bloke around our way had an ex army Scimitar he had road legal, bloody thing could shift !!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices