Skip to content

General OK you walk into a pub and..... Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > OK you walk into a pub and.....

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

OK you walk into a pub and.....

get served by a 12 year old(seriously) . what do you do?

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 January 2013 23:57)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

service

Pay the correct price and drink it.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Ooh

In the old days trading standards used to send in 12 year olds to buy booze and test if the licencee was obeying the law. These days they use 17 year olds with beards to trick people. As a result we have this "think 25!" crap everywhere, I still can't get served and I have zero respect for the authorities as their attitude is totally wrong. They're not out to catch those flouting the law deliberately, they're out to give people on minimum wage, usually just starting out in life, a criminal record just to get their numbers up.

Depending on the type of pub I'd probably politely note to the landlord the problem in case it was someone new who wasn't aware of the law. If it was somewhere where I'd get my face punched in for mentioning it, I'd say nowt.

HOWEVER.... if it were a pint of ale, I'd refuse service and ask for someone with a proper pulling arm.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I know it's

legal for someone under the age of 18 to serve behind a bar as long as each alcoholic drink they pour they get the nod of the licence holder

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

@babyblade

that only applies to 17 year olds i'm afraid, i left the pub, it is enough to close the pub in this modern age.

@philtheidiot

i agree with you about test purchasing, its pointless and the only area of the law where "entrapment" is allowed. its wrong on every level but is a differant issue to be served by a minor at 11.30 pm

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

feckin ell

CALL THE AUTHORITYS!!!!!

ya grate big wet lettuice as brother jaffa said pay up n enjoy ya swolla wtf is up wi ya the kid probly lives thair !

:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I was in the pub trade

but wasn't sure about the youngest age you could legally serve.

Got out nearly 5 years ago and never employed anyone under the age of 18 anyway, remember one of the new licencing questions was this scenario.

Never again, been asked to take over our local pub recently but I don't even go to the pub anymore let alone make it my line of work again.

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Well

I would probably think the 12 year old is a midget (i do need my eyes testing) say cheers and knock the drink back..... :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I'm afraid also

if that happened to me I would probably keep quiet.

But then I'm a wimp:smile

Reply to this Topic
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

there is a loop hole

that alows family members of the liscence holder if its a free hold pub and they own it to serve alchol under the age of 18 that may have been closed by now tho

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

hey bb

ya would need ya head fealin if ya took over the cheqers all thoes berry boys n that

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:shock::ph43r:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices