Skip to content

General OK you walk into a pub and..... Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > OK you walk into a pub and.....

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

OK you walk into a pub and.....

get served by a 12 year old(seriously) . what do you do?

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 January 2013 23:57)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Well

i quietly drank my drink and left. guessing someone else called the law though as they entered after i left.

its not my pub so not my problem, but highly irregular imho. thanks guys, bit pissed still when i put this up, needed to vent really!

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

The

pub trade is a dying one. The cop visit and the accompanying fine may well be the end for that pub.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

no wouldn't take it on

I had many years in the trade predominantly restaurant.  I couldn't do the hours ( never going to bed the same day you get up)

I'm done with it now, the red tape and health and safety was a killer

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

If it was me

I'd say nothing. I used to do bar work as a holiday job. Started when I was 13. You could get a job at any age back then.

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

'you walk into a pub and.....

get served by a 12 year old(seriously) . what do you do?'

Depends on what type of 12 year old....

If it was a 12 year old labrador I would be very impressed and pat it, plus leave it a generous tip.

Also - How did you know it was a 12 year old? - Did you ask for ID? :mellow: 

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I'd

love to run a pub but these days employment legislation, the hell of breweries being allowed to rape you and the general scum you get in just makes it hell rather than a pleasure.

You have a good Friday and Saturday night with great takings. You'll spend the extra cash you took and more repairing the damage the cretins have done to the bogs. People have no respect these days and it's partially that which has led to the downfall of the local pub, never mind the insane levels of tax which clearly fail to stop binge drinking.

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

PHILL U IDIOT

FOUR POUND 50 A FRIGGIN PINT O STELLA IN THE JON BARLEY CORN IN GORING ON THAMES LAST NT

THATS WHY THAIRS NO BASTARD IN THE BATTLE CRUSERS:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Well

stop drinking in the "JON BARLEY CORN" then m8....................£4.50 for a stella :shock:  fuck they've got some front!

Stellas shit now dayz :mad:

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

GOOD ADVISE UNIT

BUT I FANCY THE BARMAID SHE IS ABOUT 20 ST N A HEAD PEICE LIKE A 10 BOB CABBAGE BUT OBVIOUSLY THE STELLA HELPS U NARRR

WAS IN READING WI MY LITTLE TOAD IN THE SUN PUB BY SWEENY TODS PIE SHOP 2.40 A PINT O MARSTONS.............LET ME TELL YA I GOT GREADY

REGARDS MR UNIT:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

it wasn't the clientele

that was the problem as such, it was the long boring Friday and Saturday nights that were a killer.  Listening to the same old garbage week in week out until stupid o clock after umpteen large brandy's.

It was in the country so they didn't believe you when you said it was closing time and I didn't want to be there new best friend to every crony they met

God it was tiresome, eventually after getting a music licence to gee things up a bit for the youngsters we had a ball only to have a couple of complaints to have a visit from the local council.  Apparently according to the council, just because we had a music licence does not mean we are allowed to play live music:shock:

I didn't think the local folk and blues society was the new heavy metal.  Eventually I closed and lost a lot but couldn't take the narrow minded mentality of local parish councils. Wouldn't of minded but they never drank in the pub anyway.

Our last day and night was a night to remember had a 5 piece live band playing during the day and a great blues band at night nothing to lose and all drinks were a quid.  Made me laugh when my daughter kept using the till, everything a pound, wasn't really hard to add up.

At 4.00 in the morning the bar had just dubonnet, sherry and blue bols left and all the youngsters who were still standing drank it with lemonade.  Oldies had long gone and a friend of mine came in with his guitar and played it until the sun rose.

And I never want to do it again, along with food and letting rooms it was purgatory.  People can be so rude

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices