You are in... Forums > General > General > took a tumble today

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

took a tumble today

well about an hour ago i got a phone call saying i should get home its snowing and its setling so i set off main roads were clear even the country roads i live on wernt to bad but the last 200 yards there was a good half inch of snow on the road already still i got to withing 20 feet of home then the back end went out and i laid it down only doing like 5 10 mph smashed an indicator scratched plastics ect realy gutted but far as i can tell i only have a sprained wrist

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 January 2013 15:04)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

i live

not far from the fells so id say at a rough guese weve got atleast an inch of snow futher up the hill itle be more like 2 or 3

Reply to this Topic
entus

Sep 11

entus says:

Glad you got off light

It's better to drop the bike than yourself.
I did a couple of winters going to work on my 125 when we had the bad ones 2 or 3 years ago. Managed to stay upright all through 'em whilst watching cars slide about, fuck knows how but I'm pretty sure it contributed to me passing my test.
Try to jump off the fucker if you can, easier said than done sometimes although I did manage to once when the front end went on some diesel when approaching a roundabout. Like Jaffa said, a bike can be mended.

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

at least

yer ok mate, a few scratches will soon get sorted in time, never was too keen on riding in this weather but i suppose we were all the same at your age, now i can just take the car when it gets shitty like today, and the embarrassing moments seem to be a thing of the past, glad you are ok and relatively little damage to the big, we live and we learn, and the clever bastards amongst us can be as smug as they like we have all done it and fortunately some of us can remember being young and arrrrddd as fook.[mad as fook more like]

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Absolutely, BR...

... went for far too long a spin today, got totally frozen.   Took hours to warm back up again, don't remember being this cold in a long while.

Maybe it's not about being young - I'm well into my 30's now, and still haven't got enough sense to cut that stupid behaviour out!

Johnlad:  Sorry about your smash mate, but no reason to be gutted - we've all done it, good thing is you had an "off" without any real harm done.   So that's a good thing - nurse that wrist for a bit and you're no worse off by the time you've sorted out the indicator.   Put a sticker over the scratched plastic if possible.

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

We

Got snow.. going to work in the car today...:upset::upset::upset:

Reply to this Topic
Yamark69

Feb 12

Yamark69 says:

I am so glad

that my heated grips decided to pack up this morning! had to put my hands on the exhaust when i got into work just so I could open up my locker.

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

dropping one

soz to hear that mate, join the club, winter riding is over for me..concentratign on my degree in the dark winter months instead..bikes will b there for the nice spring day..lol:laugh:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices