You are in... Forums > General > General > ER6F Sports Bars

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ktfcmatt

Apr 10

ktfcmatt says:

ER6F Sports Bars

Hi all, got the bike re-taxed for the months ahead and treated it to a new Zero gravity screen :)  It helps no end with wind blast but im thinking to help it even more and give it a sportier presence, I will install some sports bars.

The only place I could find that sells them is the Ninja650 shop over in the US.  I dont mind importing them but how much would a bike shop charge to install?

Cheers

Matt

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 January 2013 17:11)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Hi

I bought an ER6f for reasons I'm not quite sure, but:

Depends what you want the bars for.

I bought mine as the sports bike riding position was getting too painful, tried all the bolt ons to make it look a bit more sportier

The bike looked really good but , performance didn't match.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

er6 bars

Renthal do bars in a whole range of heights..

Reply to this Topic
ktfcmatt

Apr 10

ktfcmatt says:

Thats

the trouble! I bought the bike as a comfortablke first 'big' bike.  But I want the sportier looks/feel and less wind blast.

I do like the 6f, although I am used to to the power, but have decided to keep it as faster bikes aren't for me.  My local Kawasaki dealer wants about £30 to fit the bars if I have my 7500m service done at the same time at a cost of £300.  Sounds a tad expensive?

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Just a tad !!

to service my bike albeit only a first service was 200.00 (MVaugusta)  Does sound  a bit over priced tbh

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

yes Matt...

for changing oil and filter and checking your cables,it's very expensive.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

ER6 service

£300 :shock::shock:

I FULLY serviced a mates ER6f and it took me 3 hours. Valves don't need checking until (IIRC) 26k. The only thing I couldn't do was balance the injectors. The service was basically a change of oil and filter, change plugs (2 of) and wash and clean the air filter. Brakes were checked and bled up with fresh fluid. Check cables. Free off his seized pillion pegs and side stand (and give him a bollocking for letting it get in that state). I'm not a mechanic, but just love tinkering with bikes.

I guess you're talking MAIN dealer servicing. If so, you need to find a good independent mechanic.

I fitted flat "Drag" bars on my Bandit 600. It dropped me out of the wind blast brilliantly.

PS The ER6 is a GREAT bike. Comfy, fast enough and wheelies through the gears like a good 'un :biggrin::biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices