You are in... Forums > General > General > The Fastest Place On Earth

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

entus

Sep 11

entus says:

The Fastest Place On Earth

Part 2 tonight at 10 on BBC the second. They get to run the bikes at Bonneville salt flats.

Spondonste, were you on this or was it just someone with a random Spondon sign in their garage on last weeks?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 January 2013 21:17)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Great

Almost forgot !!.. cheers !!..

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

'Twasn't me

Wasn't me but I also saw the clip you're talking about. There have been quite a few Spondon road signs nicked in the past particularly in the 70's and 80's. Might have something to do with a particular engineering company in that part of the world??:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Love it

What a great show.... British spirit and all that.

Inspires you to get up off the sofa and do something great !

Reply to this Topic
Reynard

Oct 10

Reynard says:

Fantastic

programme, shame there are not more like it, instead of the usual diet of drivel that now passes for 'entertainment' on the beeb. Just goes to show that the spirit of shed engineering still burns bright in thr U.K .Thought the sound track was excellent as well:smile

Reply to this Topic
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

salt of the earth

It was compelling viewing, I have no idea how those guys had such a strong committment to just getting to the flats let alone riding there. It was fantastic to the see the mates of friend who had passed away completely rebuilding his project bike and paying him an awesome tribute.

Each rider had their own story an each had put everything they had into the venture just amazing.   

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
obewan

Mar 03

obewan says:

Pah

I've done 1,669.8kmh (1043mph), on an old Royal Enfield before now. Completely standard in fact lashed together with quite a lot of wire etc.

Ok admittedly it was at Nanyuki in Kenya (on the equater).

Ok hat on coat on leaving now

Reply to this Topic
Steveyman

Jan 08

Steveyman says:

Loved it

What made me laugh was Chris Ireland, packed in a good job too stressful, had a nervous breakdown and now cleans the litter off a beach and loves it, and makes his own parts for various projects in his garage. But really was it John Virgo the snooker player in disguise.

The close friends of Mike who sadly died, never finished his bike project. They all rebuilt his bike, took it to speed week and on the last run scattered his ashes.

I would like to see if they all go back next year and how they get on, really enjoyed it.:smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices