You are in... Forums > General > General > Bike show

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

tulipsam

Apr 09

tulipsam says:

Bike show

Is anyone going to the XL bike show in Feb?? Even tho I dont live far I've never been, is it any cop???

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 January 2013 12:33)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Excel

I went a few years ago and was really disappointed !. Not sure if its improved lately ?. It's nowhere near as good as the NEC bike show.

I did love it when it was at the Alexandra Palace.... What a fantastical show !!... Loads of manufacturers, trade stands everywhere and a lovely biker atmosphere.

When I went to the Excel show, it seemed to have an almost sterile atmosphere to it ?!?!...

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

I've been

the last couple of years, but I go for the beer and the crack with my mates, the actual show is secondary.

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Its ok

I have an 18month old baby, so can't get to NEC; but Excel is close by. Took him last year as a 6 month old, we both had a good time. Enough manufacturers there to make it worth attending if you missed NEC. Atmosphere seemed ok to me, can't say I noticed the NEC to be any better really - neither is like LICCS or a race meeting. Stunt show was ok...but then I often get bored after the 9th wheelie or so.

Reply to this Topic
tulipsam

Apr 09

tulipsam says:

I do

really enjoy the NEC and couldn't make it last year but, seeing as a few people haven't rated the XL centre me thinnks I may leave it and spend more money at the NEC this year

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

good idea

went last year,ffs its far too expensive for more or less everything, especially grub, nec far better, besides you now have 11months to save up for your new kit/bits.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

went about 4 years ago maybe, wasn't overly impressed

I thought ally pally 2000 was a good show, great atmosphere and live music to boot.

Reply to this Topic
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

Excel

TS,

usually about 70% the size of the NEC which this year was 70% sof normal so that's just 49% of what is should be .... small me thinks ... ask for a 50% discount on your ticket price.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Bike show

I think I'll pop along for a look round.

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

I went to the last two.

I enjoyed it both times but the NEC is better. EXcel is good because I see so many people I know working on the trade stands and it's a chance to catch up and see any new stuff.

Take food with you if you go. It's the most expensive place I've been to if you want to buy it there.

Reply to this Topic
drsqueelgood

Apr 05

drsqueelgood says:

It's okay...

It's a bit of a boring format but there's alway the chance to get some kit much cheaper.:smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices