Skip to content

Discuss This True or false? Electrically heated clothing is for wimps General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > True or false? Electrically heated clothing is for wimps

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

True or false? Electrically heated clothing is for wimps

There's a long standing debate in the MCN office about heated clothing. While heated grips are seen by most as acceptable, if not a necessity, for winter riding, plug-in clothing brings a different reaction. It's seen by many as a cop out, cheating - the preserve of Goldwing riders and wimps. But some of the office - especially those with long...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 January 2013 10:27)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

True or False

People who heat their houses are wimps.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

True

and whats more , if I heated mine it would melt.      All the best fellow cyber poster.

(yes I know  ---  what sort of Inuit am I)

Reply to this Topic
daveire

Sep 10

daveire says:

I ride all year round and have never had heated clothing. Last week had me wishing for heated grips as I don't like winter gloves but I am not going to get them because in two or three weeks I won't need them.

What I want most of all is a heated visor with wipers. This time of year especially at night my visor half fogs up and mist gathers on the outside. When I meet on coming traffic for a few seconds I can't see shit, this usually happens on the twisty, 15 foot wide back road.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Heated Visor

You can buy heated snowmobile visors for some lids (e.g. Bell), but not sure if they are for sale in the UK – can you even buy a sled or find a place to ride one in the UK?

Some gloves include a wiper – the Aerostich Insulated Elkskin Gauntlet Gloves™ have a very nice one on the left thumb (I love these gloves).

www.aerostich.com/aerostich-insulated-elkskin-gauntlet-gloves-14.html

I am considering vision correction surgery, since no matter what product I use, I often have to be moving with my visor open to keep my glasses from fogging up.

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

heated clothing

although i do not ride much now i was a dispatch rider for 17 years i still have a heated jacket/and trousers which linked  up no way on this earth would i say do a london to leeds and back in the depths of winter without this suit .fitted a screen to avoid the wind chill  and ive cruised at 65/70 on a long run in -2 warm as toast.which means i can brake instantly the same as in summer possibly a life saver. i got the suit from giali .co. best bit of kit ive ever bought.pull in for fuel in these temps and i remember not feeling cold at all amazing you get home much fresher and not so tired.

Reply to this Topic
Harry44

Jun 07

Harry44 says:

As they say in the army basic training "Any fool can be uncomfortable"

Whimps? they are the ones who don't ride in winter.

As for me I've only got heated grips..........but I'm getting older.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

piglet2010

Have you tried Bob Heath Visor spray on your glasses??

Reply to this Topic
Bikerste

Jan 13

Bikerste says:

Warm Hands

I have heated gloves and at the moment I ride all year round, its minus 2 at the moment and boy without them gloves dont you know it.

So keep warm to ride safe.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices