Skip to content

Discuss This You Ask/You Answer: New Licences General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You Ask/You Answer: New Licences

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You Ask/You Answer: New Licences

"I turn 17 next month, and want to get my bike licence, but is it really worth doing the A1 motorcycle test for a 125, or should I just stay as a learner until I can take the A2 test at 19? I would like to progress to bigger bikes, and a full unrestricted licence as soon as I can" Your...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 January 2013 10:32)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

FOR HIRE...

Stolen Honda Aero... No key needed, 50 buck's a day, do ya test and ride

home on a stolen ZX-14R................Happy Day's and welcome to the USA.

Contact :- PIT... preunit independent trading c/o California state prison.

We're here to help.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Can't say that I'd bother

Since 'progressive' access is 2 full years after you pass A1, while 'direct' access is the day you turn 19.  So if you're really in a hurry to get onto an A2 license then you're better off not bothering with A1, just riding a 125 on L plates for 2 years, and getting your A2 (and a few days training on the bigger bike) for your 19th birthday.

Just get your theory done while you're 18, and keep an eye on the expiry date of your CBT and you're good.

Scrub that if you want to go on motorways or take a pillion on your 125, but you may find insurers and Plod victimising you for doing so, for reaons that could only be described as petty and ignorant.  So, business as usual.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

"General News"

Asks an awful lot of questions, Truth be known.

Reply to this Topic
oldmanA

Jul 12

oldmanA says:

Vote out of Europe

Just remember this is European rules at it's best and our government lack of backbone for it's citizens!

We have been well and truly screwed!!!!! Vote the Torie's out and vote to get out of the Union.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

snev

We provide the journalism for free, easy stuff innit?

Reply to this Topic
vachequipis

Dec 11

vachequipis says:

Your better off in Blighty!

Here in France my son (17) HAS to take his A1 Before he can ride a 125 or carry on riding his 50 until he is 18 to take the A2. However he could have ridden his 50 from the age of 14! Would you really let a 14 year old loose on the roads to play with the HGV's?

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Pardon me while I have a bijou little rantette; why are bikers STILL being effectively discriminated against in the 21st Century? I konw it's already been said so many times, but when will such restrictions be placed on young drivers, who cause a lot of injury and even death on our roads, yet the current suits at Parliament seem to blithely ignore the statistics they ordinarily love to quote? It winds me the phuqqup, it really does. Also, don't know if you're aware, but most pleece forces who signed up to a European led drive to reduce KSI figures 10 years ago are not re-signing to it. With a lack of interest in road safety and reducing casualty figures, our lot could get a lot more miserable this year. Sorry to be so negative, but some days it just gets to me.

On a more positive note, my missus just had some good news from the doctor. Turns out the large spot between her boobs she was worried about is her belly button !!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices