Skip to content

Discuss This MCN's Michael Neeves rode to Africa on a sportsbike, and to Ibiza on a naked bike - but what would you have ridden? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MCN's Michael Neeves rode to Africa on a sportsbike, and to Ibiza on a naked bike - but what would you have ridden?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

MCN's Michael Neeves rode to Africa on a sportsbike, and to Ibiza on a naked bike - but what would you have ridden?

Our senior road tester Michael Neeves has done a lot of miles this year - he's ridden to Ibiza for a summer holiday, and even to Africa, just to prove he could! But Neevesy's choice of bike wasn't always conventional. He rode his long term test Ducati 848 Streetfighter to Ibiza, while the Africa trip was done on a Ducati Panigale...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 January 2013 10:33)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Discopoo

Sep 12

Discopoo says:

C90

Not matter where you go you can get spares?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

C90

so good, you named it twice!

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

any bike if some bike company leading it

Reply to this Topic
Discopoo

Sep 12

Discopoo says:

@Snev

Thought I'd deleted that?

Reply to this Topic
Mikey916

Mar 09

Mikey916 says:

C90

i did it on a c90 last summer for charity with two others, Norwich to Morocco and back, awesome fun and always got smiles from passers by....even confused many GS riders when the saw the plates....and Disco poo your wrong...we had so much trouble finding spares in Spain. Apparantely according to a spanish honda dealer they never imported the c90 over there, so we had to bodge what we had. The entire time in spain we never saw one....i guess the spanish loved their two strokes too much. I highly recommend doing it, buckets of fun and a good challenge...also £130 of fuel there and back! http://www.justgiving.com/c90sgosouth

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

ride

i would have done it on a jap bike better reliability than both them put together and more fun

but if your a posey tosspot makes a world of diffrence

Reply to this Topic
fatfaby

Oct 12

fatfaby says:

gixercarl

You f""cking illiterate twat, are you still running two inch chicken strips on the back tyre of that jap shitbox?

Reply to this Topic
Discopoo

Sep 12

Discopoo says:

Mmmm

That's interesting, I never knew that, can you miss Spain?  I know what you mean about 2 Strokes in Spain

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

one more thing

I was watching your video on the trip you made... one thing is you're on REALLY expensive bikes. There's a lot of places you might go to that you really wouldn;t want to ride something that desirable. I always gaffa tape up the seats when I'm out of the country.. even if there's no reason to do so. It makes the bike look totally worthless almost immediately. In some coutries this just means the bike is less likely to get nicked. In others it means that someone is less likely to take a shot at you for your bike. (This has happened to me in Bukina Faso and Guatemala) Also, going though customs can be much cheaper. I've gone through customs at the same day as others on flashy looking bikes and my way has cost a few dollars, whereas they've been touched for $150..... Gaffa tape is your friend.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle