Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso: Stoner retirement a big loss to MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso: Stoner retirement a big loss to MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso: Stoner retirement a big loss to MotoGP

New factory Ducati rider Andrea Dovizioso believes Casey Stoner’s absence from the track in 2013 will be a big loss to the MotoGP world championship. The Aussie retired at the end of last season after winning two world titles and 38 MotoGP races having fallen out of love with racing. Stoner remains the only rider to have consistently won races on a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 January 2013 13:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

It helped him to 5 wins & 3rd in the championship despite an injury this year... 1 less than the championship winner. It helped him to become the most successful racer of his time despite his unfortunate accident.

There's always room for improvement... he could have been better than just best... he could have completely dominated... maybe doing extra laps & proving he was even faster would have accomplished that... maybe he'd just have crashed & risked injury... that would have given you something to have a dig about but wouldn't have done his championship much good.

It worked... for him... doubt it would for Rossi though... hundreds of laps & he still wasn't fast.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

It must be bloody awful to wake up every morning and be you.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buell

Did you omit the previous lines from your quote on purpose? Those that give it context. The reference point he was referring to was one that he said Stoner set for all of them - not just himself.

The format was set in terms of how riders behaved. Stoner changed it by doing something different (this is from Dovi, not me) So unless someone new comes in and sets a new benchmark by doing something differently again, there is no new reference point.

And what about this from Dovi  -  "Since I am a fan of bikes, to see Casey ride was a show and I am going to miss what he could do and how he did it on the bike with his style.".

My goodness, another rider agreeing with my view - that's it's about how they ride the bike rather than accumulating points for the badge or how much sponsorship they bring....

Whatever next.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Thong..

Keep your hair on Hedgey?

.. he could have been better than just best... he could have completely dominated...

We get the picture..you're a BIG FAN.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

A big FAN would have said he did dominate... big FANs use dumb words like GOAT. He was the best of his time... he could have been better.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Stoner a lazy tester?

Surely Rossi is the benchmark here. Rather than partake in Ducati's Mugello test he decided he'd rather swan around racing cars - poorly as it was - 17th place I believe. That's what he was paid 17m for eh Wosi?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

All done and dusted by then Nostro..he was on his way back to Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

ha ha bulto

another cracker eh!

Yes I know which point he was referring to but when Stoner is not there will they not pick a reference point of the fastest rider at the time?

My goodness, another rider agreeing with my view - that's it's about how they ride the bike rather than accumulating points for the badge or how much sponsorship they bring....

Wow bulto your amazing...who was the other one by the way?
Mind you he only said he was a bike fan as every rider on the grid happens to be but I can't see anything about points badge or sponsorship?

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

fast and furious

yet another rider who appreciates high talent and not afraid to tell the world even though he is a pro rider himself. says a lot about being real which is something a lot of mcn hangers fail to live up to. vale may have a bunch more fans but most are out to watch camera kissing and wiggles impersonations. at least stoners fans are all fans of bike riding , i doubt there is not a single guy in the paddock that isn't a fan of stoner.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

R U sure dacron

De Puniet a fan of Stoner...don't think so...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices