Skip to content

Discuss This No brand new Ducati for Sepang test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No brand new Ducati for Sepang test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No brand new Ducati for Sepang test

Hopes that Ducati could mount an instant recovery from a disastrous two-year spell with Valentino Rossi have suffered an early blow after Andrea Dovizioso and Nicky Hayden confirmed they wouldn’t be testing an all-new Desmosedici machine in the forthcoming Sepang test in Malaysia. The bike the Italian and American will test when the winter preparations resume in Sepang on February 5...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 January 2013 13:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Jl46

Feb 12

Jl46 says:

maybe,

they want to keep Rossi's bike to see if Dovi, iannone and spies can do a better job than he did, at the moment some people think it was a shite bike. This will give answers as to how bad the bike actually was or whether Valentino was just not compatible with it. My bet is on a shite bike.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

Panic over iv'e found my keys

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

new sponsors

Domino Pizza ,choose ducati motogp delivery bikes

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Shite? - Why?

Funny how expectations are lowered now Bulto?

Whose?

Not mine, just saying there are no proclamations of quick fixes etc or forecasts of podiums or wins. Dovi has been purely pragmatic about it, suggesting a 2 year program:-

"For the first year I am going to work, work, work to understand the bike and what we need to do. And then we will be able to think about improving the results because the level of competition is very high and to stay up front, to be on the podium and win the championship is difficult.”

They're his expectations not mine and in stark contrast to the over-confidence of the last incumbents who thought they could simply do a better set up and development job than the team they replaced in order to get results. This was from Burgess:-

"Casey could have won many more races this year. And if Valencia had not chosen a tire too hard, would probably have dominated as it did in Japan and Australia. This means that the bike has closed the season on a high. "

Stoner crashed a lot and he often declared no feeling with the front

"In most cases, he made ​​mistakes early in the race, never at the end: this means that he drove too hard, not that the bike has betrayed him. He put too much pressure on him in the first six or seven rounds. He fell for it. "

So you think just working on fine-tuning?

"I think that we will solve the problems that are present on the Ducati, as well as those we have solved on the Yamaha. My only regret is that we can not pick up the pace until Valentino will not give the true information. But at the same time I am calm because we can afford to wait: the Ducati bike is already competitive. And I know that from the moment when Valentino will come back strong physically, we will be able to make large advances quickly. "

There's your difference in expectation - nothing to do with me.

What interests me is what will happen at Ducati over the next couple of years. Who knows how the three new riders will take to it and maybe Hayden will have something to offer if allowed to take the bike his own way - deny it all you want but they made Rossi use his set up from Jerez 2012 and his results improved immediately - not much, but improve they did..

What pisses me off is this constant assertion that only Rossi can develop a bike - Burgess has even come out and said now that Yamaha have taken him back for his development input because they had no belief that Lorenzo or Spies could keep the M1 at the front - a stark contrast to what Furusawa said.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Saturn

that Dovi, Spies and Iannone have the development skills needed to turn the Ducati misfortune around ?

How do you know they haven't?

Why is there this really irritating train of thought that only one rider is capable of developing a bike? Especially after the last 2 years and his own admission of "I don't know how to fix it, that's the job of engineers"

Reply to this Topic
smilo996

Nov 08

smilo996 says:

Thought Jerry and Rossi were good enough to develop the bike. What they needed was to change the damn thing. Which they have not done again. So now Hayden has 0 chance of decent end to his MotoGP career and the others will be developing thru the season. What have they been doing since the end of last season apart from pushing wheelchairs out of the factory to the local job centre. Really.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

this is why

Rossi bailed large. Not only does their bike suck but they dont have a new one to test. Yamaha and honda do...christ even paul bird has a new bike. Rossi was smart to leave. Dovi was smart to go to ducati as it has made him wealthy, but he is already backtracking talking about another"testing" year. Rossi doesnt have another year to waste but dovi does

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

rev where have you been missed you! buy the way hows your kaw tripple?

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

AUDI

just not want to pay shit like ducati to rossi. they want to know in detail first before money come. hey, ducati bancrupt because of it.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Reading some folk trying to rationalise their belief that somehow this season ducati will turn it around is staggering. You need to admit to yourselves that it is an opinion purely based on wanting anyone to do better than Rossi and not any expert deduction based on the information available. and move on. Rossi and yam, to have a much more enjoyable season than ducati and any of their riders or fans or anti Rossi fans is a safe bet.. He only needs to get into the top 5, with only 4 full factory bikes to make it work.. Ducati have to beat him regularly.. Good luck with that.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices