Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden reflects on Rossi and Ducati spell MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden reflects on Rossi and Ducati spell

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden reflects on Rossi and Ducati spell

Nicky Hayden spent most of his press briefing at Ducati’s 2013 MotoGP launch in Italy this morning looking forward to what he hopes is a brighter future after a tough campaign last year. But inevitably the American was asked to reflect on Valentino Rossi’s nightmare two-year spell at Ducati that ended with the Italian icon scoring just three podium finishes in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 January 2013 14:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Control tyres..

..There you have it..

..without the special Bridgestones of 2007/8 Stoner won just TWO races that can be considered competitive race wins.

In other words NOT end of season when it didn't matter and the pressure was off, while others were riding for points to win a title.

Hayden says Ducati tried and maybe made too many changes..?

Trying is one thing but delivering is another. 2011 was spent trying to prove the monocoque CF concept worked..when it didn't.

2012..a revised stiffness frame too late to convince Rossi to stay.

They failed to deliver.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

in 2004. Rossi moves to Yamaha to prove it was the rider, not the bike. In 2013, Rossi moves to Yamaha to prive it was the bike, not the rider.

Maybe he should have spent his time learning to ride a Ducati instead of trying to turn it into a Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

2004 was a lifetime ago when, with the pre-electronics arms race bikes, a rider could still make a difference.

With respect Pal..you advising Rossi to learn how to ride a bike is funny.

You fixed yourself and that smashed up bike yet? 

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

A Gentleman

This article really shows what a nice guy Nicky Haydon is. I think its a really honest account of the last two years and like most other racers he hes respect for his team and collegues. Good luck for next year 

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

So Wosi, are you suggesting..

..that Rossi is no longer the deciding factor and hasn't been since 2004?..

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi lad

It's time you grew up and gave up your endless quest to deride Stoner on every topic, blame him for Rossi's failure at Ducati, absolve Rossi of blame for anything and persist with the fact that he is peerless.

And this is total bollocks - 2004 was a lifetime ago when, with the pre-electronics arms race bikes, a rider could still make a difference.

Those bikes had advanced electronics, not as advanced as now obviously but a bit more than 2 stage ignition mapping. I had a bought over the counter 2 stage, self-map ignition on my motox bike back in 1999 ffs.

And why do you constantly harp on about the 2007 tyres but disregard Rossi's overnight Michelins. And when I pointed out that the control tyres may have suited the CF9 anf CF10 less than the Yamaha and Honda you dismissed it. Now though, it suits your purpose.

Read this Wosi and forget about Stoner on this topic - it's not about him. This is Hayden speaking about Ducati and Rossi

Over the past two years they took some unfair criticism saying they didn't try enough to give him what he wanted and I certainly disagree with that. I think they went above and beyond trying to please him and unfortunately that was a little bit negative because maybe we tried too hard to improve and made too many big changes during the season.

But also there are negatives because there are benefits to having Valentino on the team. He brought a lot of motivation to the team and when he spoke people really listened.

Ducati did nothing eh...

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

So reading between the lines

"Rossi was clueless and kept demanding and dismissing parts, sucking all the air from the garage with his ranting and flip flopping. We were only ever on the same page when he decided to copy my set-up. Thanks christ he's gone. I can't wait to whup his scrawny arse 2013."

Reply to this Topic
Jl46

Feb 12

Jl46 says:

Your an idiot if you think hayden will beat rossi this season

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

CHR.. No. I'm saying it's more important to be on a Honda or Yamaha than ever.

Bulto.. 2004 they had 26 litres of fuel..the electronics were basic compared to today..and with regard to the tyres, I disagreed the 2011 tyres suited the Ducati better than the previous years.

As I seem to remember one or two fans claimed the tyres improved year on year naturally, through development they got better. This was given as the reason/excuse Rossi went as fast as Stoner on the early 2011 bike?

Nostro.. Hahahaha

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

ouch, that hurts

It couldn't have turned out any worse though, could it?

Much better, since you asked - been back in the saddle for three weeks. I uploaded a picture for you.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle