Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden reflects on Rossi and Ducati spell MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden reflects on Rossi and Ducati spell

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden reflects on Rossi and Ducati spell

Nicky Hayden spent most of his press briefing at Ducati’s 2013 MotoGP launch in Italy this morning looking forward to what he hopes is a brighter future after a tough campaign last year. But inevitably the American was asked to reflect on Valentino Rossi’s nightmare two-year spell at Ducati that ended with the Italian icon scoring just three podium finishes in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 January 2013 14:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

How sad

An article about Hayden and Ducati, and the first comment from a 46 minion who still has hang ups about the dominance asserted by a guy now retired and has nothing to do with the sport.

How sad. I bet you'll chastise Marquez for every single breath he takes before too long, once Rossi starts bleating about him too. You fellas are like sheep.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

its sad how

How the comments are always the same...rossi's shit, no stoner is blah blah...even though the article is always different. I read this article and thought that hayden is a real class act. He was diplomatic and professional; choosing to focus on the positives. Of course scolling down to see if anyone else felt the same, only one other person commented on the article....the rest is the same old argument copy-and-pasted onto this one. As for the argument, does anyone really think that either rossi or stoner is shite? I think the argument is really about who was graced with more luck during their respective dominant seasons? Only nostro is ignorant enough to claim rossi sucks...of course he predicted his downfall in 08/09 as well so...here's a liitle nugget for your peabrain nostro regarding your comments on the back woods that is canada. I live in toronto which is the financial cultural and real political center of the country. Im only a few hours from NYC, america's version of toronto. Aaaand Canada owns 39% of dorna mo fo! Its been voted #1 country in the world to live, several times. And our scenery is better than yours! Ha!

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Wosidog, no.1 supporter of Caramello's T-Shirt Selling World Championship. Always was, always will be.

Haha hahaha hahahahahahaha hahahaha hahahahahahaha haha haha hahahaha ha hahahahaha...

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

NICKY

said it so gently. actually he wanted to say SHIT TO HAS VR 46!!!!! LOL.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

I do wish folk would stop saying casey dominated, he won two titles in 10 years and was hammered last year by his teammate amongst others.. Come on guys, stick to reality would ya..?? Ducati will have their worse season since 2007..In the weakest field yet.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Hey Choccy cams

You're an odd little Canuck aren't you? Once more you invent things I never said. Quite how you could know I supposedly wrote Rossi off in 2008/2009 when I only joined this forum March 2009 I'll never know.

But then you are so typical of the yellow breed, dense beyond belief and full of utter bullshit.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Hardly lean

Another little Oompa Loompa who's crawled out from under his rock in the forlorn hope that Rossi can somehow raise his game to the required level. Ha, ha, ha. No show.

You seem to use the word 'hammered' in the same context that you berate those saying Stoner 'dominated'. Off to Toronto with you. It's the Tavullia of the Western hemisphere.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

As always there's 2 sides to every story that's nicky's let's hear rossi speak before we make our minds up, only a fool act's without all the information to hand.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Huglean...

"I do wish folk would stop saying casey dominated,"

I agree... he didn't... he only won 2 championships... 2 other people also did that while he was in MotoGP... that isn't domination. He was just the best while he was racing in MotoGP... that's all. Rossi's been the best since he entered the top league as has JL with 2 championships since 2008.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

How do you figure that?? Are you comparing Casey in his prime to Rossi in his old age after winning 7 titles already?? Sounds reasonable if your a stoner fan I suppose.. Despite the wins nonsense some of us saw it live and saw Ducati luck out with Casey et al in 2007 only to get hammered by Rossi the next 3 years in a row(is that the work of the dominant rider?? not really..)He even beat stoner even with two serous injuries and missing 4 races and casey was fit all year despite caseys dominance that year.. Sure the ducati gig was a nightmare but can you honestly say you beat the best around when the guy who handed you your arse is riding a complete turd?? not convinced.. The reality is that casey despite his ride around anything tag needed the very best kit available and the competition to be on crap to win the title both times. Last season given stoners age and bike Rossi would have walked the title and already had this years sewn up.. I'm sure Casey knows the truth of it and didn't leave because Rossi was getting off the Ducati.. Just read his article in mcn... tell me now he does't know whose boss and that Rossi didn't mash his head in.. he's completely lost the plot... but for arguments sake lets just agree to disagree.... ;-) Roll on Feb 6th..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices