Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden reflects on Rossi and Ducati spell MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden reflects on Rossi and Ducati spell

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden reflects on Rossi and Ducati spell

Nicky Hayden spent most of his press briefing at Ducati’s 2013 MotoGP launch in Italy this morning looking forward to what he hopes is a brighter future after a tough campaign last year. But inevitably the American was asked to reflect on Valentino Rossi’s nightmare two-year spell at Ducati that ended with the Italian icon scoring just three podium finishes in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 January 2013 14:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

They did eventually get rid of the front end loses but didn't find any way to get the thing to go around/through corners fast enough to be competitive, quite likely imo because there wasn't one.

Don't forget though that in addition to the new frame / design of the bike, the tyres also changed again last season, so now there was a new bike and new tyres.

So if the front end loss crashes were reduced last year, (rather than eradicated as they still occured) how do you determine which factor was responsible for that without a constant to base a decision on. It could have been the bike or the tyres that improved things, or a combination of both.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

True enough Wosi

My inelegant fingers did falsely label the D16 the GP16 twice in one solitary thread. 

Never seen a CX500 racing at National level. Interesting machine though. I've got a brochure of the 1978 model if you're interested, or have you traded down due to its arm ripping power?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

fixing the 800 ducati

I was a doohan  fan first, but am obviously a fan of both him and stoner, which doesn't mean I can't encompass rossi being a great rider, and means I am inclined towards respect for jb given his work with doohan and gardner before rossi ever raced.

My comment mainly was related to the 800 ducati, the litre bike was another thing again and the tyres obviously did change for the 2012 season, to stoner's disquiet. I certainly don't think designing new bikes is within the talent set of any riders or any race engineers. I did think that jb and rossi would sort the 800 ducati if it was sortable, which I didn't think it was, but sure the gp11 was a very different beast to the aluminium space frame chassis bikes with which they had proven expertise.  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

C'mon Nostro..

..Old wosi enjoys the banter and knows you were a bit handy in your day but, you're not above a bit of bias one-eyed BS and the odd faux pas..same as the rest of us.

There is NO doubt in my mind that Stoner was an immense talent and I hope we see him back in the paddock after he grows up a bit. You're a long time retired Pal, as you well know and 27 is too early.

Why don't you try using that big brain a bit more positively? You never know..MCN may actually become a better place for it.

Cheers.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Indeed, Nostro also enjoys

the thrust and parry of the banter, not least of all with Wosi - the only Yellow belly with any semblance of intelligence - even if his stock in trade resides in the damn lies end of the stats spectrum.

Yes agreed Stoner does have a bit of maturing to do. He still seems to be an angry young man. He needs to channel that, not sure the contrived show that is Aussie V8's will ultimately sate him. I'm very much hoping for a return to G.P's also. But he's not the only one in need of maturing. There's a prima donna elder statesman in the field that is still adjusting to a world without smoke being blown up his arse from all quarters.

Ha, ha I've just had a butchers at my profile. Hundred of views of my gallery and 33 ratings across all pictures - all of one star. Brilliant. I always knew I was loved and appreciated, by to see so in such a way is truly humbling. Was that you leaning on the one star button in a pique of irritation Wosi?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Funny that, because I just had a look and noticed the same.

The photo of you leant over around the left-hander which attracted the hole in the can comment has nudged above the one marker because wosi gave you a five..for managing to blag some blue header pipe paint off the Britten mob. Haha..

If I've got a problem with you Pal, I think you know by now that I'd tell you..and felt the one star rating all round was a bit unfair & petty.

Still, cheer up Pal..if there's one thing worse than being talked about behind your back, it's not being talked about at all..so you're doing OK.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I know it wasn't you Wosi. You may scrap the barrel frequently but something so petty is not your style. There's any number of little yellow knuckle draggers on here that would though. Most amusing. I can see them now, giggling and sneering with their "I'll show him from my couch" attitude.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices