Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden reflects on Rossi and Ducati spell MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden reflects on Rossi and Ducati spell

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden reflects on Rossi and Ducati spell

Nicky Hayden spent most of his press briefing at Ducati’s 2013 MotoGP launch in Italy this morning looking forward to what he hopes is a brighter future after a tough campaign last year. But inevitably the American was asked to reflect on Valentino Rossi’s nightmare two-year spell at Ducati that ended with the Italian icon scoring just three podium finishes in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 January 2013 14:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

ata boy Hardylean

You get those old man Rossi excuses in early. Rossi's 33, in his prime and at the peak of his abilities. He wouldn't be racing if he wasn't hungry. Oh dear, falling short of the level required though....

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

7 times world champion

Is the murmuring of a zombie cult gazing up at their idol with vacant eyes and drool on their chins. 5 of those were obtained against second tier opposition, and all of them with Dorna doing everything possible to engineer victories for him because "we are in the entertainment business and that's what the fans want". Hulk Hogan is a 7 times world wrestling champion too ya know. He'll get his ass handed to him by Lorenzo and Pedrosa this year.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Huglean...

"How do you figure that?? Are you comparing Casey in his prime to Rossi in his old age after winning 7 titles already??"

No, I'm comparing the 3 of them racing together... was Rossi not 28 when Casey 1st beat him in a championship (when Rossi only had 5 championships)?... or are you saying he was past it even then?... are you in fact saying he's past it now? Fair enough. Joey Dunlop was 48 & still winning TT's... I think he still may have a few wins in him but you want to write off Rossi at 33?... strange.

"is that the work of the dominant rider?? not really.."

You don't read to well, do you?

"The reality is that casey despite his ride around anything tag needed the very best kit available and the competition to be on crap to win the title both times."

So did Rossi... unless I missed him winning on the Ducati?... I didn't miss Stoner manage that though... lots.

"Last season given stoners age and bike Rossi would have walked the title and already had this years sewn up"

At Stoner's age, & on the bike that had won the championship for 2 years running, Rossi got handed his arse by Hayden if I recall correctly... the next year it was the turn of young Aussie in his 2nd year in MotoGP riding a Ducati that no-one else could ride. Both those years he was riding the bike that he was, at the time, widely credited with developing. Apart from his time at Ducati you've managed to choose the worst period of his career to compare.

Well done...

... do you actually think before typing?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

All about commitment

Thing is did Ducati give Rossi & Hayden what was needed, the answer is no, there seemed to be a lack of commitment by Ducati, cast your memories back to 2004 when Rossi went to Yamaha who themselves had a bad time of as they had not won a championchip since 1992 with Wayne Rainey . So they came off a 12 year gap in winning so they put in a massive effort . Rossi & burgess told Yamaha what was needed & it was done, it was the same in 74 when agostini did the same thing & won Yamaha the 75 world title. So in my opinion Ducati made little effort.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Yes Bluehaze boy

Because that's what sucessful companies like Ducati do - sit on their laurels and wait for things to happen. Christ I cannot believe how many thick people grope around in the MCN dark.

Ducati extended themselves from an engineering perspective like never before to accomodate Rossi. What did they get from him in return? An inability to adapt, flip-flopping opinions on whether new parts were better or worse, constant moaning, and in 2012 a real lack of effort exemplified in his loss of concentration crash at Laguna. A professional, or just petulant?

The vast majority of the blame for Ducati's fortunes over the past two years can be squarely laid at Rossi's heavily overpaid feet if he is what many consider him to be. Me, I just think he was a good rider a bit out of his depth with a difficult, but still competitive motorcycle. Wrong man for the job. Just watch Dovi make that thing work much better.

Reply to this Topic
Discopoo

Sep 12

Discopoo says:

Boy there's a lot of Dikheads on here

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Disco Diarherrea

Thanks for your measured opinion and contribution to the debate, you're a welcome addition to the discussion board.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Bluehaze

Rossi & burgess told Yamaha what was needed & it was done

If you read up on it, I think you'll find that a clever chap called Furusawa had already done it

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

nostro

Ducati extended themselves from an engineering perspective like never before to accomodate Rossi. What did they get from him in return? An inability to adapt, flip-flopping opinions on whether new parts were better or worse, constant moaning, and in 2012 a real lack of effort exemplified in his loss of concentration crash at Laguna. A professional, or just petulant?

The vast majority of the blame for Ducati's fortunes over the past two years can be squarely laid at Rossi's heavily overpaid feet if he is what many consider him to be. Me, I just think he was a good rider a bit out of his depth with a difficult, but still competitive motorcycle. Wrong man for the job. Just watch Dovi make that thing work much better.

I think you are a very confused person at the moment.

Tell me if what you say is all true wht the hell did Ducati offer him a lot of money to stay?

Must have been because as you say he was a waste of space.....Yeah it all makes sense now!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

The sponsors wanted him to stay. Ducati Corse no doubt breathed a huge sigh of relief as they can finally concentrate on improving the bike rather than accommodating a prima donna every week.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices