Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden reflects on Rossi and Ducati spell MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden reflects on Rossi and Ducati spell

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden reflects on Rossi and Ducati spell

Nicky Hayden spent most of his press briefing at Ducati’s 2013 MotoGP launch in Italy this morning looking forward to what he hopes is a brighter future after a tough campaign last year. But inevitably the American was asked to reflect on Valentino Rossi’s nightmare two-year spell at Ducati that ended with the Italian icon scoring just three podium finishes in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 January 2013 14:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Been to the dentist Wosi?

That upper lip seems to have lost it's quiver. You're best anaesthetised though, even if it reinforces your irrationality. I guess no amount of drugs or Strongbow will change that though.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

As for you oh wise one with the flappy lips..forget the hard hat and invest in a Superman suit.

You'll probably get a thrill out wearing it, although I appreciate the thong is of a slightly deeper hue than you're used to.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi lad

As twats go, you're the recent benchmark - every frigging topic you're pasting your standard Stoner stats drivel as you're bent on proving to one and all that he didn't dominate his time in Motogp. Newsflash for you - I couldn't care a toss whether he did or not - the record books that you're so fond of will show that he was equal best with the number of championships he won and won more races than anyone else. Make of that what you will, but boy did he ever get under your skin for being able to give it to your favoured rider...

Fair minded I am and if Rossi won this year FAIRLY - with equal equipment and status, no favouritism by the team, promoters, tyre company and without smashing rivals off the track on the last lap, then yes I'd accept it no problem.

You have no conception of fair minded. You bleat and squeal like the bloke being buggered in Deliverance about Stoner's 2007 aupposed tyre and bike advantage, forever dismissing the years Rossi benefitted from his Michelin overnight specials. Also ignored is the fact that runner up and 3rd in 2007 used Michelins, the next Bridgestone runner was a very distant 4th - some advantage. And the bike advantage? Next Ducati was 7th, next one nowhere, next one also nowhere. What happened to the 1 - 2 finishes such a bike/tyre advantage would bring. Don't make us laugh any more, please.

For the record, I've never said Rossi won't win a race this season, I have no idea whether he will or not and don't care, but for your sake I hope he does - as there is a 3 legged stool and a rope sitting in your garage that just may be put to use if he doesn't...

And I'm fcked if I know what it is I'm weedling out of or worried about...

Have a lie down.

Reply to this Topic
Discopoo

Sep 12

Discopoo says:

@Nostrodamus

Mmm, you still don't get it do you, I never directed my comment at anyone in paticular, yet you take it on yourself to make it personal, well so be it. I can't be bothered to be drawn into your childish rantings and as this is the only time I have made such a comment you should get your facts right but then, people like your self seldom pay attention to the truth and just wish to be abbusive to any one who doesn't agree with your point of veiw. I suppose next you wil want to rename the forum "I'm right, sod everyone else". I have used forums before snd there is always a few that have this opinion and it always ends in abuse, shame you can't think "outside the box" and concede that you may not always have the right opinion and sometimes someone else might be right.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

this is all fun wosi et al

But surely it is hardly a surprise if the first post on a thread related to motherhood statements by nicky hayden concerning ducati's last 2 years(when I am led to believe stoner was not riding for them and after no mention of him by nicky) denigrates stoner's of all people's record at ducati this provokes some return fire, given that said record is 23 times better than loris capirossi's and infinitely better than anyone else's in the 4 years he was there or the 2 years since.

As you also well know rossi did not match stoner's 2009 Qatar race time or fastest lap at Qatar in 2011, or even when he won at Qatar in 2010 on the yamaha, to say nothing of the yawning gap between his fastest testing lap in the 2010 post season test and stoner's fastest race lap 2 days earlier.

If you want to go reductio absurdum only rossi's last 2 titles and last 26 (or 21) wins should count as he was only racing max biaggi and sete gibernau before then, and on sns tyres tailored for him.

I am happy to give rossi fulsome recognition for all his success, but can see no argument for any wins of stoner's on the ducati being discounted; if anything they should have more value given the long and still continuing dominance of honda and yamaha and the almost complete lack of success of anyone else on a ducati 800.  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Weedling..

Bulto's stock in trade reply - I couldn't give a toss, have no idea and don't care - as if this ambivalence somehow underlines your neutrality.

Give us a shred of credit me old china, do you think wosi has just pulled the assertion you're anti-Rossi bias is evident out of thin air?

Nostro & Bulto..You're a double act. It's plain to see, although I will say you are the Ernie to Nostro's Eric and a little less in your face. Fk me Pal..man up and face the music. Think of wosi as Oprah if you like.

You love Casey and want to see the CF bike return..nothing wrong with that. It makes for lively discourse. Back-tracking to preserve some sort of imagined middle ground is painful..Stop it.

Your assertion that you only respond to one-eyed fan-boy big upping of Val is wide of the mark. Nobody from the yellow side has been shouting the odds lately. How could they..after the last two years? Most have kept their heads well below the parapet. There has been very little to celebrate.

No Mate..the ongoing dissing of Rossi is based in the perceived injustice Casey Stoner suffered pre-Repsol. It's pay-back, karma..schadenfreude.

Fairplay..all's fair in love & war. No need to be ashamed. Just don't insult our intelligence by claiming you're impartial and couldn't give a toss.

The amount of time you spend here? Total bollocks.

The potential problem the prolonged slagging has created for anti-Rossi pro 27ers is that Stoner didn't back his title up, got beaten by Dani and skulked off home, bottom lip in a wheel-barrow with some typically negative and contradictory sniping. This wasn't in the script was it?..and has handed the reins back to Rossi fans who have long memories, especially now he's back at Yamaha with the blessing of his Uncle..Cruel innit? Hahaha..

If Rossi starts winning and the new Ducati riders are battling for 8th with undeserving/over-rated Smith and Hayden leads their effort..what will you say, I was wrong?  No..I can't see it either. Your list of get-out's has been noted btw.

You'd have to accept bias clouded your judgement and wosi, along with a few others, would no doubt remind you of this on a very regular basis..

Converesly, you may be right..Dovi could win the title and Rossi perform like Spies last year. Hayden lagging behind and worst Ducati.

Let's see how it pans out eh?..but please, no more talk of fair mindedness. It's dull, disingenuous and makes you look bad.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I don't really see your argument on this thread wosi

as you are the one who launched the attack. If stoner's previous success is meaningless because of his year in 2012 what does 2010 mean for rossi, even leaving aside his ducati travails?. 

Whatever rossi does next/this season he will continue to have a vastly superior record to stoner's overall, which will still not mean stoner didn't have a very good career including some success in his final year and an amazing record at ducati.  

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

wosis point.

As said DF, you are one of the reasonable 27ers..the initial point about tyres was made to illustrate a long standing bone of contention of which maybe you are unaware.

Bulto has made the point that tyres became less suited to the Ducati as time went by in the spec era. Hayden mentions it here. Stoner is on record saying the same.

Bearing this in mind and given how it seems to be fanboy folklore that Rossi couldn't ride the Ducati and was embarrassingly slow, wosi has tried to illustrate previously with lap/race times that in fact this is NOT the case.

We often here talk of the gap between the Jap bikes and Ducati, how it's got bigger..bigger than at any time in the past. If Rossi went notably slower on better tyres against opposition that had not developed that gap, as seems to be the claim with some typically unresearched, orange fanboy claims..fair enough. There would be little room for debate.

As it happens, this is quite simply not accurate.

Rossi was faster than Stoner @ Qatar, Estoril, Le Mans, Catalunya, Mugello, Brno, Indy & Misano early to mid 2011 when the CF bike still existed.

He was faster at Qatar because he finished the race 2011, whereas Stoner crashed trying to go too fast. You can't leave out crashes because it doesn't suit your point. In that race, Rossi lapped as fast on the Ducati as he did the year before on the Yamaha. 2011 he finished 7th. 2010 he won it. This illustrates the widening gap, 4 works Honda's and the effort HRC put in to make sure they won the last 800 title, something they HAD to do to avoid significant corporate red face.

If you can be bothered to check, you'll see that the at the above mentioned tracks, Rossi was faster on total race time and/or posted a faster lap, admitedly not the case at Qatar where his race time 2011 was a second slower than Casey 2009. Casey won..again illustrating the gap.

When I aired this train of thought after reading elsewhere and posting relevant links to support..the excuses came rolling out. Conditions were not the same. The tyres had improved. etc. etc.

Nostro even went as far as to say Stoner hadn't gone any faster on the RCV in 2011 than he had in 2010..without any supporting evidence other than his own opinion, of course.

Perhaps you'd be so good as to read the link and give your opinion?

Was Rossi really embarrassingly slow..with better tyres?

What about the competition moving on?

http://www.ducatinewstoday.com/2011/09/stoner-better-than-rossi-on-a-ducati/

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

At it again Wosi

Nostro - no supporting evidence?! Do I need to troll out the old post yet again? All the info is there on Motogp.com. Stoner barely (I mean within a few seconds over total elapsed race time) went any quicker, in like on like comparable conditions, from 2010 on the Duke to 2011 on the RCV and you bloody well know it. Same goes for Rossi. In like on like conditions the only time Rossi was faster than Stoner on the Duke in elapsed time was Jerez(?) when Stoner ran off track twice 2010. Stoner on the other hand was significantly faster on the Duke at a number of tracks. Like 30 seconds faster.

Your imagination seems to have run dry Wosi. Just regurgitating the same old utter bollocks. Same goes for the yellow pantie brigade. You may not have noticed but many of them have poppped their heads above the paraphet stating how Rossi will be a winner and champion again. Lost little souls. Sounds like your upper lip is trembling once more though Wosi. You know better, but refuse to acknowledge it. Rossi hasn't been the fastest rider on the grid since 2005. How many more will over take his pace again this year I wonder?

Hey Disco. Have a little sit down on the throne and reflect on your ramblings. Not very coherent or consistent are they?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

nostroetbulto

You being courteous now there's a first!
I think we all know what Furusawara has said.It is just whether we can believe everything we see written in black and white or not.It's a bit like this forum.Most of it is bollox!

bulto you are just so full of crap,a double act with nostro as someone said but it is a shame you have to be the one that is not quite so bright or that's how nostro likes it to look eh!
Stoner and Rossi are 2 world class riders who both have exceptional ability.
The big difference between you and I is I respect both of them where as you respect Stoner and despise Rossi.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices