Skip to content

General Britain - EU in or out? Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Britain - EU in or out?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Perki6

Aug 10

Perki6 says:

Britain - EU in or out?

I know it not got much to do with bikes, except for some of there laws on future modification on Bikes being illegal. And probably others i cant think of.

So what do want Britain in or out of the EU ? 

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 January 2013 16:14)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Problem is....

.....were are fucked if we go and fucked if we stay, Big Dave wants to stay in but tell the EU where to go on some laws, however, those laws will be the ones we as British workers enjoy, like 37hr week, the right to holiday pay, sick pay, Big Dick or Dave wants to scrap that lot but stay in the EU. Best thing to do is vote UKIP come out of the EU but keep current entitlements.:wink:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Out

"ooh, the EU has been nice and given us £40 million towards our tidal energy project which couldn't proceed without EU finding".

We pay them £53million a day. If we were out of the EU we could afford a new project like that daily. Just think if we weren't in the EU, we could have used the money to pay for schools and hospitals and not have gone down the PFI route to afford them. Then the NHS would not be in the situation it is in, but would actually be making around £2 billion surplus.

Also, the contribution we make to the EU (which is basically going to prop up and repair broken ex Soviet countries) makes the savings we're trying to make in our domestic budget pale into insignificance. Right now, all orders on stationary are banned in the hospital I work at. We have to buy our own pens, post it notes, etc.

We'd be in a much better situation if it wasn't for the EU. The rest of the world that we should be trading with don't care about EU membership when it comes down to conducting business and trading. It's also a lot easier to do business over the phone and e-mail when the other person speaks English - actual physical distance means little these days.

The growth is in the Commonwealth countries and the rest of the English speaking world which whom we are banned from making trade deals with thanks to the EU. Also at World Trade Organisation meetings, the UK (6th biggest economy, 5th biggest trading nation) is asked to leave the room during many discussions as we are represented by an unelected, EU bod. Not a representative of our elected government.

I also question the democratic legitimacy of the EU 'president' who has executive authority without a mandate from the 500,000,000 people he doesn't represent.

I also question the need for an EU army, navy and airforce when it supposedly has peaceful intentions. NATO does all that shit. It's just them grabbing more and more power and I for one am concerned (and sickened) about someone like Herman Van Roumpoy having access to a military. The EU has member states which have military capabilities which can (and are) used for EU objectives. I would not oppose creating a central command and control centre which can integrate the capabilities of all the member states military assets in case they are needed to work together on a large scale. I do oppose the idea of these people who actually shun democracy (2 x  referendums ignored, those who call for a referendum or for a review of the democratic process within the EU being called "extreme populists") having direct control over a military.

The EU is so close to the Soviet Union it is scary (there are ex communists running it, yes names are available on request) and whilst communism had very good intentions, ultimately it was corrupt and killed millions of its own people.

So I'd say out.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

The EU

opt out? never fucking opted in.

Reply to this Topic
hairybob

Jan 09

hairybob says:

EU

OUT

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

and....

shake it all about.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

do the hokey cokey

that's what i's all about,  All together now...

Oh hokey cokey cokey

Oh hokey cokey cokey

Oh hokey cokey cokey,

Knees bent arms stretched ra ra ra !!!:lol:

Reply to this Topic
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

id rather be out

but i wouldnt go the ukip route to many secret facists in that party for my liking if your gonna be right wing atleast have the balls to admit who you do and dont like.

the EU is a farce and our own poloticians and goverment are to spineless to tell them no when it comes to coming up with new laws and sticking to there own rules.

this country needs a new sensible working class party labour arnt working class anymore if they ever realy were the torries no about as much about working class life as they do the edge of the universe the lib dems are soft overly pc whimps and non of the other parties could ever realy do it hell id vote for the monster raving looney party if i thought it would help

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

OUT

Too many scummy gits coming in taking jobs bringing wadges down and then milking benefits for their big families we just cant afford .Oh and Neil Kinnocks a toser ( and I`m from his old area)

Reply to this Topic
Reynard

Oct 10

Reynard says:

Out!

can't come soon enough, time to take back control of our borders and put a stop to foreigners meddling in our affairs.:mad:

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

So....

...Hadrian was right after all then? :wink:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle