Skip to content

Discuss This Honda CB1100 Launch – First Impressions First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Honda CB1100 Launch – First Impressions

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Honda CB1100 Launch – First Impressions

Honda’s new CB1100 Retro Roadster is currently being put through its paces in the countryside around Valencia, Spain, by MCN’s Executive Editor, Phil West. These are his first impressions, ahead of a full test report in next week’s MCN. “Honda has certainly done its homework with the new CB1100, the detailing is fabulous, right down to the CB750 look alike taillight...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 January 2013 11:06)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
billysollocks

Feb 09

@snev, you're on to summat there! How about an injected Kettle or Elsie, new Jota (oooohhhhh) with modern suspension, frame etc. Or a Z1300 that weighs less than a small car? Hello dreamland, here I come.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Billy

The Z1300 six was built by Kawasaki Heavy Industries, they have Lightened up a bit since then I would expect .What a machine that was @140bhp ...30 years ago, compare that with todays BMW K1600 with @160bhp.... not much of an advance really. Both amazing bikes In My Opinion.( BTW this is the new me....got told off yesterday... going to be "Grown up" from now on)

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

Symmetry?

Personally I'd prefer a pair of 2 into 1's, looks unbalanced.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"BTW this is the new me"

perferred the old one tbh.

Fcuk'em that's my motto.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Sort of want

Plenty of torques, not overly-tyred or tarted up, just looks like a bike.

But it's a quarter ton, has a 14 litre tank, and costs a ball hair off of £9K.  Shouldn't a basic bike be cheap?

It's a geezer-hipster bike.  Paying more to look like you don't care about what you ride, blurgh.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

would look ace with clip/ons and drop mirrors... me thinks . being a 53 yrs bloke I like the seventies look.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Aye Tom

that would look sweet, just add a single cafe style seat :sunglasses:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Mr Borg..

You mentioned £9000, is that the actual price in the UK . Kind regards, Snev.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"Kind regards"

Kind regards ffs........what did they do to you snev m8?

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Lost the plot !

So Mr Honda has created a bland bike, with about as much go as an old CD175 and about as heavy as a Goldwing, with no charm and costs a packet. Riding a Honda SS50 would, no doubt be equally "quite engaging" ? wtf ?

What a useless idea from Honda, when the UK is in a deep recession and the bike industry in the economic ditch. In recent years I have often thought that Honda need to sack their marketing guys and get some innovators in. Anyone like to start the lengthy list of preferable proper bikes at the same kind of money?

What a ghastly motorcycle. A corporate designed non-entity. Phil looks really hacked off in the photo ?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices