Skip to content

Discuss This Honda CB1100 Launch – First Impressions First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Honda CB1100 Launch – First Impressions

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Honda CB1100 Launch – First Impressions

Honda’s new CB1100 Retro Roadster is currently being put through its paces in the countryside around Valencia, Spain, by MCN’s Executive Editor, Phil West. These are his first impressions, ahead of a full test report in next week’s MCN. “Honda has certainly done its homework with the new CB1100, the detailing is fabulous, right down to the CB750 look alike taillight...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 January 2013 11:06)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Its the kind of bike you would take your Nan out on ?

Or maybe if Honda put a shaft drive on it, it would be a despatch riders bike for the next decade?

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

CB1100

The return of the Japanese UJM, Dreadful.

Reply to this Topic
bob the builder

Feb 03

If only Honda had made this with four into four pipes and a wee bit higher for taller riders.

Comfier seat, looks like a Triumph Bonnie one, too slim to be comfy.

Maybe I`m just getting old.

I want my CB750K2 back please.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Snev

What a load of old BUM CREAM, Bring back the old SNEV I say,,,& leave the pleasant comments to the other T#&TS. oh yes and I F#Ckd ya Gran ,,, nice ,, and dry she goes like a ferret.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I say Mr RR...

I Think you spelt Brylcream wrong..... and how did you know my gran used to drive ferrets in the dessert? must go and play on the PubTalk Forum now. Have a lovely day today Tom. xxxxxxx Sarah xxxxxx.

(Do you like this bike? I like it alot.)

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Actually, Bob The Builder has a good idea there. 4 pipes on it would make a bland bike look miles better. However, it would probably put about 2 grand on the price. Honda have made quite a number of forgetable bikes in recent years (and forgetable cars which is probably why they've laid off 800 workers), the exception being their sports bikes and evergreen Goldwings if you are that way inclined. Maybe they need to hire some Italian designers.!

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

yep snev

I like this bike too - and I'll be looking for a new bike next year, so this (or a low mileage used one) might fit the bill. still think it's expensive though - like someone else said on this thread, a basic bike should be cheap! i can buy a 1995 Trident for less than £2,000 and it'll do everythign this does, will be just as reliable, have more character and i'll be able to add a new tank + seat and  Jack Lilley  or Mecatwin 3-into-3 pipes and still have change for a maxi scoot for the winter.... decisions decisions....

domster - the Jap UJM never went away - I have a Bandit 1200 and it's definitely a Jap UJM. it does everything, but nothing particuarly well. having said that, I have an 160 mile commute (nottingham to Leeds) and still go the long way home on it sometimes.... I think I would on this Honda too - Matlock is kinda on the way home... bag of chips... mmmm....

Baz :)

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Not Too Pricey

Not sure why everyone is slamming the Honda CB1100 on price?  Here in the US, it is only 2/3 the price of a poorer performing, 2-cylinder, air-cooled Harley-DavidsonBig Twin”, and people are still snapping those up for some unfathomable reason.  And the CB1100 only a couple of thousand dollars more than the Triumph Bonneville, and the same as a Ducati Monster 796, both of which are slower.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

good day to you Mr Piglet..

Do you happen to have any Performance Figures?

Reply to this Topic
cannymackem

Feb 06

cannymackem says:

CB1100F

I saw this bike in 2009 at the Tokyo car/bike show as a prototype and it looked fantastic.  There were two other versions at the show a cafe racer style and a modern looking CB1100R version which was amazing.  I think this is great for motorcycling. It is just another choice of bike. I am 55 and these bikes are what I grew up with in 70's / 80's.  I already own a tupperware clothed bike (CBR1100xx) and also a CB900F from 1981 and with cops in Canada monitoring every road so you dont exceed 120kph, this bike is fine.  Personally I'm OK with the styling but would prefer styling based on the old CB900F/1100F with a tail section and a little sportier.  I know guys who would buy Harleys over here would definitely consider this bike as an alternative.  Honda will have done their homework and taking time releasing this to Europe and America ensures we will see many of them on the road, although North America gets one colour choice, WHITE and definitely the worst colour... Why!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices