Skip to content

Ask an Expert buying a fireblade (secondhand) Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > buying a fireblade (secondhand)

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

gavboy7

Feb 03

gavboy7 says:

buying a fireblade (secondhand)

Im trying to buy a fireblade but have at the most £1400 which seems to get me in at the bottom. The problem im having is that no sooner does a decent one come up , its gone , only  to appear a few days later at a vastly inflated price being advertised by ' a dealer from home' . These blokes offer no comeback if it goes wrong , no security whatsoever but sell their bikes at dealer prices as all they do is scour ebay and gumtree and are hoovering up all the half decent bikes and then adding four or five hundred quid and just selling on. I know this is a free market but if you look on auto trader or ebay there is a dearth of these clowns and hardly any private ads. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 January 2013 12:21)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Bike buying

If you are ever going to get a bargain then winter is the time and right now especially with all the cold weather and snow around.

£1,400 is a rock-bottom budget for a Blade.  The early ones are appreciating now as future classics and you'll need to add a least a grand to your budget for a later one in good condition.  I would suggest that you go for something like a CBR600 for now and trade up to a Blade when you have a bigger budget.   

Reply to this Topic
gavboy7

Feb 03

gavboy7 says:

fireblade

Yes there seems to be a certain amount of speculation going on, i just want one as my mechanic said that they are reliable and nice to work on as i will be using it every day for work as it should be used, not as some museum piece hoping to make some money. 

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Bike values

The early versions will no doubt be classics - and could probably be considered as such already.  It was a game-changing motorcycle and that will always be historically significant.  

I had a '98 RR-W some years ago (check out my gallery) and absolutely loved it.  I even toured Spain on it twice without any problems.  The late 90's was, in my opinion, the peak of Honda's build quality and the finish on the machine was excellent - as was its mechanical reliability.  The best part was that there was nothing complicated about it.  It was all simple, well-proven enginering in a very well thought out package.  The trouble is a lot of other prople know that which is why they hold their value.

The CBR600 from the same era will be just as well made and just as reliable but considerably cheaper.     

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle