Skip to content

Discuss This No quick fix to help make Ducati competitive MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No quick fix to help make Ducati competitive

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No quick fix to help make Ducati competitive

The journey to return Ducati to winning ways in MotoGP will be a long one, with new race boss Bernhard Gobmeier admitting no miracle cure exists to help the Bologna factory end its winless streak in the premier class world championship. Gobmeier, who replaced ousted Filippo Preziosi as head of Ducati’s MotoGP project in 2013, said the forthcoming season will be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 January 2013 18:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Who's struggling?

I find it laughable that you bang on about points scored over the seven seasons he competed, yet dismiss the idea of putting 18 races together to win a championship as if it's secondary in purpose?

It's THE reason they're all there..to become champ, and the table doesn't lie. Year on year it shows who had the best/better season and Stoner got beaten more often than not..by all of them.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

Points don't lie... you get more points for finishing higher... that's what racing is all about... winning races (which he's done most of), scoring points (which he's done most of) & winning championships (which he's level on)... or are you talking about championship positions... Stoner's 8,1,2,4,4,1,3 works out at exactly the same average as 2,3,1,1,3,7,6 of Rossi but includes his rookie year on a lone satellite bike... take that away & there's no contest.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Jasus..it's like pulling teeth.

That's right Pal..and if you score less points over a season than your rivals, you finish behind them in the standings. That's what happened to Stoner more often than not.

Jorge, Dani and Val all beat him more than he beat them..this is FACT. It's not open for fanboy interpretation.

The other three all had wins in their rookie seasons. Elias won a race on a satellite RCV 990 2006..Probably the best race bike ever built. Yet you want to discount Stoners first year to make his stats look better? Absolutely fucking typical.

Casey Stoner was a fine rider Hedgey..but he didn't have the sun shining out of his arsehole like a lot of you so called race fans think.

He didn't dominate a bloody thing and he bailed with a fried brain..

He was weak when it mattered most and he'll have to live with that for the rest of his days. So will his fans.

The rest of us will just move on and enjoy a season without the whining backdrop and tantrums.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

... Wosi...

"Year on year it shows who had the best/better season and Stoner got beaten more often than not..by all of them."

Who beat who in races... Overall, including Stoner's rookie year on a satellite bike when he finished 8th, & including all of the crashes, DNFs & injury/sick DNSs which your deride Stoner so much for, Rossi's down, being beaten in a massive 17 races by Stoner... take out his rookie year & it looks worse... much worse... 24... that's over an entire season of losses... he beats Dani by 6... but then Dani has no MotoGP championships.

Even in 2010, the year that you say Stoner was at a low he's 4 up on Rossi (including 5 crashes to 4 races off injured... 5 if you don't want to include those).

You still insist on making him look good when you really should be moving on.

"Yet you want to discount Stoners first year to make his stats look better? Absolutely fucking typical."

No, I included it... 'cos even with it he was still the best in his time. :smile

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I'm talking about Stoner..NOT Rossi you fucko.

Old wosi has shown you up for the contrary orange shirt-lifter you are..and now you want to change the subject.

Take out his rookie year AGAIN?

Hahaha..

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

This remark from Gobmeier

is very significant.   “We will have to distinguish what kind of technology we are looking at. Audi has almost no motorcycle experience and Ducati will be on our own feet''.

Exactly Gobmeier   ...   same old - same old.    Prez now a  consultant ..  who will provide the new direction.???

Unless there is a Stoneresque pilot in the new line-up   don't expect much anytime soon.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

Sooooo... since Stoner's been racing Stoner's beaten Rossi 17 times more than Rossi's beaten Stoner (inluding Stoner's Rookie year when you're comparing Stoner on a satellite bike with Rossi & Dani on factory machines)... Dani hasn't even won a single championship (& has had the advantage of riding a factory honda for the whole time they've competed together) & JL was missing for the 1st 2 years.

Beaten 17 more times by Stoner eh?... that means, if you continue the comparison, if Rossi has 1 DNF next year he still won't be beating Stoner.

As I said, since JL arrived he's been the best by far... 2 championships & loads of race wins (without the misfortune of racing with Ducati)... but as you say.. we're talking about Stoner.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Silly buggers..

Yeah BUT..

You can't count Rossi's time at Ducati can you?

I mean..that POS that Casey left him after 4 years of taking it backwards, wasn't in the same class as a satellite RCV on 5th rate michelins was it?

No no no..

Remind me how many titles Casey won on his way to MotoGP?

Take away his two stellar years and he averaged a paltry 3 wins a year! What a fkin loser..

The bottom line is Buster..you think he's the best thing since sliced bread. I know better..

And seeing as I'm smarter than you..I win.

Hahaha..perhaps that's more on your level. What time is your bus home?

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

Stoner succeeded on the Duke where Rossi failed dismally. That my friend, will never change no matter how many times you post your crap. And that's what really pisses you off 'aint it? 

At the end of 2010 you anticipated a fantastic 2011. So did i ;)  

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

..depends what you call success PC.

Begging for a bike that saw him succeed less than half as often compared to the previous version and finishing bottom of the alien standings two years on the trot then bailing, isn't wosis idea of improvement or succeeding.

He had been successful and granted..compared to Rossi's miserable tenure, had more success. But I wouldn't say he succeeded at Ducati?

You really need to back a title up for that me owd sausage..perhaps help develop a bike that is successful that others can succeed on?

I suppose you think he succeeded last season?  

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices