Skip to content

Discuss This No quick fix to help make Ducati competitive MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No quick fix to help make Ducati competitive

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No quick fix to help make Ducati competitive

The journey to return Ducati to winning ways in MotoGP will be a long one, with new race boss Bernhard Gobmeier admitting no miracle cure exists to help the Bologna factory end its winless streak in the premier class world championship. Gobmeier, who replaced ousted Filippo Preziosi as head of Ducati’s MotoGP project in 2013, said the forthcoming season will be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 January 2013 18:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

huge

I doubt you've met any Stoner fans. By 'typical' do you mean those who enjoy seeing racers race?

You enjoy the clowns at the circus. What's your point bud?

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

but then again huge

What happened to rossi these past 2yrs.....oh sorry we won't mention that.....the bike is obviously shite and nothing to do with the riders lack of ability to drag it to 1 win never mind 23, but we'll ignore that as well because right up to the minute rossi threw a leg over the ducati it was the fastest bike on the grid...but they made the bike a dog on purpose as soon as rossi tested it didn't they.......

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

rossi has done the only thing you can do an that is beat the competition in front of you.and hes done it better than anybody.ppl slag Rossi off for failing at ducati.give the guy some credit he went from the best bike on the grid to a lesser bike just like he did when he left honda.he could have stayed at honda and realistically won every championship up until his retirement but he didnt he took a gamble and it paid off at yamaha same as he took a gamble to go to ducati but it didnt work.stoner (who i loved watching)struggled in the 125s and 250s showed he had natural pace but lacked race craft he then had a good debut season in gps showed pace but crashed to much he then joined ducati a move to a better bike and then wen the duke started getting close to unridable he moves to a better bike again.its easy to shine wen u move to better equipment.generaly stoner was the faster of the 2 but rossis and lorenzos race craft makes them better racers than stoner was.and yes i forgot STONER IS GONE GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

and cbr about Rossi with world class riders if you put rossi in the days with the schwatz tainey etc he would of been up with them hes fast and noy scared to bang fairings which it was like then if u put stoner in that same grid he wud shit his pants everytime a rider got close to him he cried like a baby Rossi at laguna de puniet wen he was on the playboy honda.stoner was 1 of the fastest riders but not a very good racer

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

so what

has stoner objected to bartman other than being taken out by a rider who lost his bike in an injudicious passing move at Jerez in 2011, and nearly being taken out by the same rider when he lost his bike but (miraculously admittedly) managed to partially save it at laguna seca in 2008.

I wholeheartedly agree with you otherwise, if I object to stoner's 2 titles being belittled then to belittle 7 titles is even more ridiculous, and in all of rossi's titles he beat everyone who showed up to race him as you say.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Backtracking

Having just read the interview with Bernie gobblmiester, 23 january,saying that Ducati will start testing with the gp 12 & will not build a new bike & has spotted the obvious as there's a lack of communication between rider & the factory engineers, full marks for stating the obvious .i don't see any progress being made , but I do see Rossi well & truly in front of Ducati,& if Rossi still has what it takes maybe win a race or 2

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

bartman

Stoner scared of bashing fairimgs or putting it on the line???.......I think u need to go on utube and see stoner was the first person to ride wheel to wheel with rossi and come out on top.......and remember this,stoner was on the ducati not the lovely as fuk to ride yamaha......just remind me, when have we seen rossi bashing fairings wheel to wheel forthe win on the ducati????....oh sorry more like on the verge of being lapped.....

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Bartman

stoner (who i loved watching)struggled in the 125s and 250s showed he had natural pace but lacked race craft he then had a good debut season in gps showed pace but crashed to much

Why was this do you think?

Was it because generally in the lower classes he had bikes nowhere near the standard of the factory bikes, so didn't really stand much chance of winning a great deal? 2005 he had a decent Aprilia and finished 2nd to current champion Pedrosa who was again on a factory Honda, not a bad effort and way in front of the next Aprilia and a gaggle of other Hondas.

His debut in Motogp was also on an inferior bike with 2nd rate tyres so again, not surprising that over the course of the season he struggled to consistently match the pace of the factory bikes, unsurprisingly crashing a number of times through having to push harderto try and keep up.

Racecraft my arse.

As for your often repeated 2007 best bike nonsense, there is one word  -  Capirossi

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

if u put stoner in that same grid he wud shit his pants everytime a rider got close to him he cried like a baby

Yeah right. This is a rider who won mutiple motocoss and dirt track titles before he went road racing.

I think he was more than used to a bit of bar bashing. The Rossi and RdP criticism was justified - especially the latter through dawdling on the racing line and he admitted so.

Reply to this Topic
apehanger

Feb 04

apehanger says:

Maybe I am cynical...

I think Ducati is now more a German company than an Italian one and Ducati will only win a championship again when they get a German racer in the saddle. The biggest market for them is the USA, so Spies and Haydon will do for now. Soon all the designers, engineers and certainly the entire management will be Hermans. If Rossi had joined Ducati at the time Casey did he may have got the support needed to win from the all Italian Ducati of the day and not the despondence of a takeover transition that he must have experienced.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices