Skip to content

Discuss This No quick fix to help make Ducati competitive MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No quick fix to help make Ducati competitive

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No quick fix to help make Ducati competitive

The journey to return Ducati to winning ways in MotoGP will be a long one, with new race boss Bernhard Gobmeier admitting no miracle cure exists to help the Bologna factory end its winless streak in the premier class world championship. Gobmeier, who replaced ousted Filippo Preziosi as head of Ducati’s MotoGP project in 2013, said the forthcoming season will be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 January 2013 18:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

I don't know what bultoshare talking about casey had a better chance than all but one rider on the grid, his teammate to win the the title on the mighty Honda and the stats his fans love so much prove beyond a doubt he wasn't good enough. Corn bowl you are right if your interested in what stoner does next follow his blog and comment on there . Most couldn't care less about a new house or if he's been given a celeb drive in a competitive car despite being miles off the pace.. Include the interviews and you'd think he admired rossis approach.. Some of us knew that all along..

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Huglean...

"casey had a better chance than all but one rider on the grid, his teammate to win the the title on the mighty Honda and the stats his fans love so much prove beyond a doubt he wasn't good enough. "

Same as Rossi on the actual bike that won the championship for 3 years in a row in 2010... but Rossi got less points & wins of course.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

huge

pacey your wrong entirely.

---------------------------------------------

Say's the man who's always wrong. Howd's that work?

'cornfed'.................My parents always taught me that everyone is entitled to their opinion. I guess they never counted on you turning up.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Huge

Some time ago at the beginning of term, I noted that although you had successfully mastered pressing keys on a keyboard with several fingers, you still had some way to go in terms of figuring out how to press them in an order that gives them actual meaning.

Your half term appraisal seems to suggest only small progress in that area. To pinch a phrase from old Eric, you're still pressing all the required keys, but not necessarily in the right order.

Can you please explain your last comment...

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

the reality

stoner 23 wins.....rossi 0.....end of conversation

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

this thread

Which I chanced upon has been an epiphany for me simon. It actually had never occurred to me that stoner's career would be less impressive if his 2 championships and the 20 wins in those 2  years were put aside.

I fear it is also entirely likely that if stoner had never competed in the premier class he would have no premier class championships or race wins at all.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Laceystacey

Wow, you mean you had parents that owned up to you !!  coining the phrase, especially for you, 'opinions are like arseholes, everbody's got one'

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

cornfed

Wow, you mean you had parents that owned up to you !!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Why wouldn't they? They'd never have got their Council flat (15th floor, great view............when mum could be arsed to clean the windows) and money to buy their fags, beer and scratchcards without owning up to me and my sister 'Frogmela' (lovely girl but kinda let the family name down by only having 3 kids before she was 16 tut tut).

I never said that you 'didn't have an arsehole' bud, so read again.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Pacey your a typical stoner fan... Doohan I think what the boy means is that stoners domination in 2008/2009/2010 (ie total domination) relies on moving wins across from 2007 to keep him up top . Of course this means that his total wins in 2007 diminishes. It's all a bit theoretical but the gist is casey won in 2007 the all but disappeared for 3 years only to jump on the back of Danish and dovis hard work and with a huge advantage over his bane win another title before his second trip down the rankings. It's algebra -- reality over stats .. This explanation in no way shows any representation of my own opinion at this time. Bultoshare it's a handheld however someone with your teaching instincts should be able to read it. Understanding maybe another matter altogether , try not to confuse the two.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

doohanfan

Did it also occur to you that if rossi had come along when there was real world class riders,he would be lucky to win half the races he has....it's all subjective

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices