Skip to content

Discuss This No quick fix to help make Ducati competitive MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No quick fix to help make Ducati competitive

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No quick fix to help make Ducati competitive

The journey to return Ducati to winning ways in MotoGP will be a long one, with new race boss Bernhard Gobmeier admitting no miracle cure exists to help the Bologna factory end its winless streak in the premier class world championship. Gobmeier, who replaced ousted Filippo Preziosi as head of Ducati’s MotoGP project in 2013, said the forthcoming season will be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 January 2013 18:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Hog5

What a complete load of twaddle, you've scrambled up there, tripping over yourself, to try and make Stoner your super hero. You need to listen to the words that Stoner said, key words, 'I'm retiring from MotoGP at the end of the season' - reasons: pissed off with it, not going my way. 'I'm not bigger than the sport after all', that was his realisation, and 'I'm going fishing', either way he's done on two wheels, unless they chage the rules to suit.

Unless of course you know something, that everyone else don't, that he's starting a full race season again this year. He might do V8 cars for fun, who gives a monkeys, he's out of bike racing, so he's history.

You're on another planet, you'd like to do a retro recount of the points back to 2006 to give him another title would you, and  saying your going to retire at 65 when you're 20, is definitely Hog5 bollocks. You're the Stoner fan boy, getting your panties all in a twist as usual.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Corny... again...

"Unless of course you know something, that everyone else don't, that he's starting a full race season again this year. "

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/motorsport/8201220/Casey-Stoner-confirms-V8-switch

"Two-time MotoGP champion Casey Stoner has confirmed he will make the move to four wheels to race a V8 Supercar this season.

Since announcing his intention to quit the MotoGP circuit last May, Stoner has been strongly linked to a move to the V8s and he will make his debut in the second tier development series at the Adelaide 500 on February 28, News Ltd reported today."

It would appear it's you who don't know something that the rest of us do. Stop digging.

"What a complete load of twaddle, you've scrambled up there, tripping over yourself, to try and make Stoner your super hero."

No super hero... only stating the truth (& please feel free to point out anything that I have got factually wrong)... that's the only point you can pick me up on?... & yet again it's you that have actually got it wrong.... brilliant.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Cornbowl

I didn't ask about reasons for retiring, whether he should have or shouldn't have and I'm not interested in your perceived difference between Stoner and Rossi

You said this

he would not have stood a chance of winning the title last year

I asked on what you based that assumption and clearly gave my reasons why. You have replied in your usual manner of not answering a question. So again, why is that your opinion? What is it based upon, given the reults up until Indy?

Reply to this Topic
spdmon

Aug 09

spdmon says:

Great article about Rossi's development skills

Great article about Rossi's development skills: It isn't that we don't have confidence in Rossi's feedback," Ciabatti said. "The pressure and the lack of results created a vicious cycle in which he wasn't relaxed enough to completely test the material prepared for him. We simply believe that there is potential and that it wasn't completely explored last year." http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Jan/130117lpksc.htm

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Hog5

What a yawn, that confirms what I said, Stoner is history in the bike world. Him racing V8's in Australia or him entering the French table tennis championship is of no interest to me, so who gives a toss, perhaps he feels safer in a tin box, less likely to fall off, and at least you will be able to get your fix, watching him in cars, but that's not for me.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Bultoboy

Well you must know the answer to that, with seven races to go, Dani & Lorenzo had got the measure of Stoner, and imo, Stoner would not have taken the title.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Still no answer Cornbowl

Well you must know the answer to that, with seven races to go, Dani & Lorenzo had got the measure of Stoner, and imo, Stoner would not have taken the title.

Got the measure of him - after Laguna?

Iv'e always said there is as little as nothing between them in terms of ability, all are capable of winning races, therefore titles. They all 'had the measure' of each other.

So to go back to the situation before Indy, Stoner had just taken a convincing win at Laguna, so was hardly buckling under pressure as some like to claim. That meant Stoner had won 4, Lorenzo 5 and Pedrosa 1. The order in the championship was Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Stoner and one race win's worth of points covered 1st to 3rd. Including Indy there were 8 races left.

In practise he was fastest in FP1, tried a different set-up in FP2 that didn't work and in FP3 he was fastest again. He crashed very early in Quali so was hardly up against it with time running out and panicking  -  the early time he set was only 2/10ths off getting him 3rd on the grid. He was one of a good few riders caught out by the track surface that weekend (but everyone conveniently forgets about the others who crashed too) and on this occassion it was his turn to be unlucky and pick up a bad injury that wrecked his season.

So what there suggests that without the injury, Stoner would not have stood a chance at winning more races and the title?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

So Corny...

"Him racing V8's in Australia or him entering the French table tennis championship is of no interest to me"

Just because it is of no interest to you (which I doubt because it was you that were speculating on his future career... fishing in a hole?) doesn't make you right... he is still racing. If it's of no interest to you why make such an issue of it? Why is what he does of any interest to you at all (other than being a cheap & incorrect dig at his character)?

So, in summary, we have established that he is still racing (not fishing in a hole), he was still racing in MotoGP at 27 (making it rather difficult to say he retired at 26), Stoner did win on the Honda in 2011 (making it difficult to say he didn't do well at Honda), Hayden did score less points to win the 2006 championship than Stoner did in 2012 despite being out through injury, &, in your eyes, being good enough to win a championship (in the right circumstances) qualifies as not doing well... & lastly Stoner is history as far as MotoGP is concerned... you got that last bit right.

As I said... you're not very good at this are you? :blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Hog5

so what point are you trying to prove, you're talking about correctness, you're just full of it. All that matters to me and a good proportion of MotoGP entusiasts is, Stoner is no longer on the grid, so he is history, he can do whatever takes his fancy but, unless he decides to return to Motorcycle racing , I have no further interest in him, now do you think you can obsorb that in one easy go. He was a 2 times MotoGP champion and is now in the history books, so move it along.

Bultoboy, I did not say he wouldn't win anymore races, but imo, I did not think he would win the title, it isn't like he had a commanding lead, but with hindsight, I'm pretty positive he would not have taken the title, not given the commitment and mindset that Pedrosa had, but hey, it's water under the bridge, Stoner's playing with his new toys now. 

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Corny...

"you're talking about correctness, you're just full of it"

Thank you.... at last :smile

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN