Skip to content

Discuss This No quick fix to help make Ducati competitive MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No quick fix to help make Ducati competitive

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No quick fix to help make Ducati competitive

The journey to return Ducati to winning ways in MotoGP will be a long one, with new race boss Bernhard Gobmeier admitting no miracle cure exists to help the Bologna factory end its winless streak in the premier class world championship. Gobmeier, who replaced ousted Filippo Preziosi as head of Ducati’s MotoGP project in 2013, said the forthcoming season will be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 January 2013 18:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

BB

Looking at those stats, Stoner begins to look a bit shity, he burned bright for a short time, like a sparkler and then, went out, or should I say, got out.

Farnakle's right I think Rossi will win 'odd' GP races next year, I reckon 9 or so 

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

Stoner???

Thought he had gone fishing.Can we concentrate on current riders please.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

cornbowl

lol lol....what are u talking about????.....there is several top riders now who are fast and consistent winners,look at the stats since 2007 when stoner,pedrosa and lorenzo turned up,rossi's win rate dropped through the floor since 2007......stoner has won the most races so how bad are the others stats then???

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

bloodbubble

as alot of people say....his biggest challenge was sete gibernau and hayden no wonder he won so many title,it's lije man utd having colchester as their biggest threat to winning the premier league

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Simoncbr1000rr

being 9 times World champion, Rossi, has nothing to prove, he's still in the game. Stoner is history, he walked away from it, and we shall soon be finding out if  VR46 + M1 can still do the business, I think he can, so we shall see.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Oh BB

Would Vale swap his 800 stats for Caseys? Within the blink of an eye! Whos 800 stats would you prefer sitting aboard your mantlepiece?  Stoners all day long.

Tell me i'm wrong.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

cornfed

being 9 times World champion, Rossi, has nothing to prove

------------------------------------------------------------

I'd say his monumentally pathetic effort aboard the Duke leaves him with plenty to prove..........................other than being a cash-cow for Dorna.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

BB

But I'm sure we'll get the old, "it's all about race wins" cop out....

--------------------------------------------------------------------

How is that EVER a cop out? It says to me that a man is willing to earn his wage regardless of the consequences everytime the flag drops. That's what he and everyone else who lines up is paid to do ffs yet you knock him!!!!!!

The mind boggles.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

pacey your wrong entirely. Nicking the first title of a new era through technological advantage and then trying to use the number of wins that first season to make it look(statistically??) like you dominated the next 3 years as well(how many of caseys wins came after the title had been won and not by him??) Or coming from behind with a crap bike to win back to back titles, totally dominate and even beat casey with 4 weeks off and two serious injuries..No brainer We'll not mention caseys last season on th euber dominant Honda(the best factory bike ever) as his fans want to pretend either a) he won it, b) he would have but for many factors(choose two) c) it never happened because how could he get beat by his teammate if he was that good?? or d) he can ride round anything.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Huglean...

"(how many of caseys wins came after the title had been won and not by him??)"

Of his 14 wins in those 3 years only 3 (2 in 2008 when he was 2nd & 1 in 2010) were actually after the championships had been won... your point was?

... & remember... Rossi, who won 2 titles to Stoner's 0 during that period, only won 3 more races than Stoner... pretty amazing stat eh?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices