Skip to content

General there doesnt seem to be a bike for me. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > there doesnt seem to be a bike for me.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

there doesnt seem to be a bike for me.

hi guys, dont know if any of you are in the same boat here but i am looking for a big enduro style bike that isnt an adventure bike but also not a full blown enduro like say a honda cr 450 x, i would like something i supose like a drz 400 but lighter and maybe more dirt biased but without the gruelling maintenence of a highly tuned cr or wr, the little honda crf 250l is to underpowered but maybe a 400-650 lump type bike would suit me but doesnt seem to exist. There is the ktm 690 enduro which has decent service intervals measured in miles rather than hours but at over 7k is a bit expensive , and the husky te 630 which seems to be discontinued, why havent the japs got a bike in this catagory.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 January 2013 00:01)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Suggestions

Husqvarna now do the TR650 Strada and TR650 Terra. Also you can still pick up fairly recent TE630/ SM630 or slightly earlier SM610/TE610 should you want.

BMW have the G650, F700 and F800 models in various styles.

As you mentioned KTM do the 690 in supermoto, enduro, Duke and Duke R guises. Other than that your looking at slightly older models such as aprilia pegaso, honda dominators, DRZ400 etc.

Japs aint got anything in this catagory in the UK because of difficulty meeting new emissions regulations and limited customer demand.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

No one

makes a bike to suit you,coz your to picky,probably,just a thought? might have to build your own out of all the bits you like.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

trail bike

You say "Enduro STYLE". This sounds like you won't be taking it off road. If you aren't, then weight isn't really an issue, unless you're built like a waif. I had a DR650 made into a supermoto and the weight was not an issue. I'm only a 9 stone weakling, so certainly not built to haul heavy bike around (although I now ride a BMW 1200GS).

Have a look at the BMW range of "trail" bikes.

A DRZ400 but lighter and MORE dirt biased?? If you ARE going off road, you don't need lots of power.
What are you intending using the bike for??

Reply to this Topic
KrismusSikpunz

Mar 12

XR400R

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews5023.html

Reply to this Topic
Barney Fartpants

Sep 07

You haven't mentioned Husaberg

They have a pretty decent range.

Reply to this Topic
r6buz

May 05

r6buz says:

WR

I just got a WR250R. Service at 6000 miles with oil change at 3000. Much better than the gutless CR250L, 30bhp claimed vs 22 I think. Just put an FMF loudener on it but yet to get the PCV & setup. I have read of people gaining an extra 20% with a pipe & power commander. If you must have more power, a 290 big bore is available.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

But I must have more!!!

If you must have more power than 30BHP?? For the road 30BHP is a little on the low side but adequate for untarmac'd off road sections.

I know the current 'single cylinder' fad is for high revving 450cc bikes (and smaller) but if you're using it on the road I've always found a light weight bigger capacity single to be preferable

Reply to this Topic
flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

enduro

i think i might go for a 2nd hand husky 630 te or a ktm 690, i think if the japs built a 400-700cc single enduro with 6000 mile service intervals it would be popular, not just with off roaders but with commuters because of there weight and simplicity. I looked at the terra and it was to road biased for what i want and looked a bit fragile, i intend doing some rallys and enduros , maybe i need two bikes.

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

Don't bother

Get a Crf 450 x

I had an 05 model 
Nice n torky a total beast if u need it
A mans bike !:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance