Skip to content

Discuss This 500cc four-stroke class to join World Superbike schedule? World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > 500cc four-stroke class to join World Superbike schedule?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

500cc four-stroke class to join World Superbike schedule?

A non-world championship category for 500cc four-stroke machinery could join the World Superbike schedule from 2015 onwards. With MotoGP rights owners Dorna now controlling World Superbikes too, plans to drastically reduce costs and the technical specification of machinery in WSB and World Supersport means the European Superstock 1000 and 600 classes look certain to be cut off the schedule in 2014. Dorna...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 January 2013 11:20)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fuzzy139

Aug 02

fuzzy139 says:

LOL, just as Honda bring out a 500cc four stroke range , cap in hand to honda methinks....

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

In Reality

superstock isn't going anywhere its just being rebranded as WSB. lets be honest we all knew it was coming!

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

The end of ----------

No competition will mean less interest ,less investment, and certainly uninteresting racing , all provided and greater entrance fees etc. This is the death knell of top class racing.

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

make it 500cc 2 stroke and i watch no some boaring 5 single or twin crap

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

Satan of motorsport

please i beg you please...... close your eyes. its time to leave earth

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Get rid of SS 600 says I

1000cc 4 cylinder 4 stroke and 500cc twin cylinder 4stroke is the way forward. Ducati would have to ressurect the D16RR. The Japanese would have to compromise. Metric basics. 1x250,2x500,4x1000.

Where the hell does 600 fit into the greater scheme of things anyway ?

The only reason 600 evolved is because the 500cc valve sprung 4's could not compete with 500 desmo L twins back in the day. Hence the 550 GPZ Kawasaki which was actually 553cc. The 583cc L twin (600 Pantah) was forced to compete in the 750cc 4 class.

What the hell, that's ages back and a book could be written about this particular angle. 

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

500cc twins shoud replace moto2 not that there nothing wrong with it just woud be good to see all the manufactors competing in the class again and have always thought they should prodce the the lightwieght sportsbike again athough would like to see supersport kept as it is with the 600 like the idea of a 500 nsr/tzr/rsv being sold my name will be first on the list :)

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

New 500 class ?

Why introduce another class & get rid of 600 & 1000 proddie bikes,the idea of sbk is road based bikes the super stock bikes are road based, & a reasonably priced way of going racing at club,national, & European level, some of the races that I've seen have been really good, so for espolita to introduce a new class is in my view a waste of time You could buy a gsxr or zx or an r1 for under 20k, plus super stock rules means there no engine tuning, so as for espolita getting people to part with 200 k for a non championchip event is a waste of time & effort just to think about it, I think it's time he was put out to pasture

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Thought so

He,s gonna fuck WSBK up now!

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

He is putting it in the 650 twins Kwak/Suzukis Bums

He has learned well from his nephew, bumming all the way to the bank.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices