Skip to content

Discuss This 500cc four-stroke class to join World Superbike schedule? World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > 500cc four-stroke class to join World Superbike schedule?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

500cc four-stroke class to join World Superbike schedule?

A non-world championship category for 500cc four-stroke machinery could join the World Superbike schedule from 2015 onwards. With MotoGP rights owners Dorna now controlling World Superbikes too, plans to drastically reduce costs and the technical specification of machinery in WSB and World Supersport means the European Superstock 1000 and 600 classes look certain to be cut off the schedule in 2014. Dorna...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 January 2013 11:20)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cossie748

Dec 07

cossie748 says:

I really wish the top teams and riders would form some sort of revolt against dorna and ezpeleta!

Reply to this Topic
sutts17

Jan 11

sutts17 says:

SBK

WORLD SBK was run perfectly fine on a system that works... why change shit around!!! World SBK is by far more entertaining than MOTO GP currently... Lets not let this happen to SBK...

Reply to this Topic
sutts17

Jan 11

sutts17 says:

SBK

WORLD SBK was run perfectly fine on a system that works... why change shit around!!! World SBK is by far more entertaining than MOTO GP currently... Lets not let this happen to SBK...

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

hey mcn can we have a vote to see who would ike to get rid of this ezpelta dude !!!!

Reply to this Topic
nickgixxer

Mar 04

nickgixxer says:

Yep, I vote him out.... hands off what works and learn.WSBK and BSB is where it's at at the moment.

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Cut Races ?

Embedded in his head is a rip off culture ?

Not had a race yet under their ownership and already they want to reduce the amount of classes the fans get to watch ?

this bloke and his company have wrecked moto gp now he is to eventually close down the supers

bikemad123says

hey mcn can we have a vote to see who would like to get rid of this ezpelta dude !!!!

Bike mad you are spot on ezpelta WILL wreck WSB how the hell did it happen that this idiot has got control of all world championship motorcycle racing

its insane

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

lets get rid of the red bull rookies then as theres no need for moto3 and red bull rookies.its the same as getting rid of superstock because its similar to superbikes.just like the rookies cup superstock is for riders to cut there teeth and prove they have what it takes to ride in a fully fledged world championship.unless carmelo is replaced in 5 years there will be 1 world championship superbikes and gps will br made to unite as 1 and there will be moto3 and moto2 on the undercard which will rob us of the best racing which i the superbike series.

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

its about time the spectators decide who runs the championships as without us there would be no racing

Reply to this Topic
Arrie

Jan 13

Arrie says:

SBK is suppose to be about production bikes racing. Ones that we(public) can buy and ride or race. Most of the big factories are builing 600cc bikes at the moment. And that is what is racing in superstock 600.

Now that they are wanting to bring in 500cc bikes. Now all the factories has got to develop a 500cc production bike to sell to the public and to race in SBK. So how the hell is that saving money????? Just keep WSBK the way it is. I will still watch bouth.

Dorna is going to bugger it ALL up.
I love watching MotoGP because that is the best of the best in motorbike racing you can get, just like F1. And I love watching WSBK because that is a bike I can go and buy and race.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Pay off

What a scam another one!!!!!go jump off a cliff you brainless blind old git,your destroying racing.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices