Skip to content

Discuss This 500cc four-stroke class to join World Superbike schedule? World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > 500cc four-stroke class to join World Superbike schedule?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

500cc four-stroke class to join World Superbike schedule?

A non-world championship category for 500cc four-stroke machinery could join the World Superbike schedule from 2015 onwards. With MotoGP rights owners Dorna now controlling World Superbikes too, plans to drastically reduce costs and the technical specification of machinery in WSB and World Supersport means the European Superstock 1000 and 600 classes look certain to be cut off the schedule in 2014. Dorna...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 January 2013 11:20)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

look at moto 3

They sound as good as they look and a 500 four stroke great, why doesn't Ezpeleta run a Norton and Matchless series as well,silly old fool

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Make it really cheap and exciting. Revive the CB500 cup!

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Why change ?

mr espolita leave the super stock championships in place, they will give you cheap racing,there's no engine tuning allowed ,so a well funded team could in theory compete for around 200k,but u want to introduce a non championchip race series that starts at 83 k not cheap racing to me

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Twat

This guy is out to destroy WSB and production racing. It looks like the end and next years race attendances will be way down. I suppose BSB will be his next goal. When Dorna buy BSB I have read in the Spanish press that they will race Vespas and Lamberettas to cut costs. I guess it will be known as British Scooter Bikes

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

I don't know

On one hand I'm totally not interested in a 500cc 4-stroke support class. But if you put about a grid of 30 15 year olds on Kawasaki 500's something exciting - good or bad, for better or worst - is bound to happen. It will be inevitable. So it maybe actually watchable.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

MY TRIPPLE IS READY!

AND THEY SOUND GREAT TOO

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN