Skip to content

Discuss This Video: African adventure First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: African adventure

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Video: African adventure

Remember the old days when we used our sports bikes for everything? They brightened up our weekends, took us to work, and off on holiday, but now there's a bike built for every occasion. Still, who says you can't do everything on your sports bike? We rode a Ducati Panigale S and BMW S1000RR to Spain and then on to Africa,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 January 2013 17:31)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
colinS2R

Mar 06

colinS2R says:

enjoyed that

Reply to this Topic
brtl

Jan 13

brtl says:

did that once

Did that on the old Kwak (2003 ZX-9R) back in the summer of 2008, enjoyed it! www.panoramio.com/photo/15632377

Still use the bike, it never let me down. BTW finding any fuel that isn't diesel in countryside Morocco can be hard, let alone unleaded - if you find a pump, fill her up! The bike didn't seem to mind the leaded fuel too much though.

Reply to this Topic
Boxer12

Jan 13

Boxer12 says:

Adventure

I like Mr Neeves "All bikes are Adventure bikes" 100% right!!

Reply to this Topic
4418geoffg

Aug 07

4418geoffg says:

We don't want the music!

Reply to this Topic
VitorR

Jan 09

VitorR says:

torture VS pleasure

You can do those things, but the odds are, it'll be more of a torture than pleasure experience

Reply to this Topic
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

erm...

"Remember the old days when we used our sports bikes for everything?"

Errm...yea, that was yesterday, and today, and tomorrow, because I do use my sportbike for everything...what happened is we got inundated with alot of sissies :)

Reply to this Topic
VitorR

Jan 09

VitorR says:

Sex VS bikes

I think some people hare are confusing their bikes with their sex organs. And that usually happens when you are trying to compensate for something. I don't know what kind of roads you are used to, but riding a sportbike on a degraded road is the same thing that riding a shopping cart on the road (completely useless) besides the fact that it's not prepared for long travel on many other aspects such as fuel tank, luggage, etc. You can go anywhere with it, as long as there are reasonable roads, and any less than good roads will have you arrive at the destination with your hands and your butt numb from all the vibration. Yeah, sure you made it there, and you can even smile to the photograph but the truth is, it would have been better to have taken the bus or even walk than doing that, experience-wise. The truth is, sport bikes are only good on perfect pavement and that's it. Any less than that, better choose a different bike. By definition, if you want to travel, choose either a street bike with good fairing, a tourer or a big trail/adventure bike. race-replicas (the worst), enduro (unmodified), and small bikes are as useful for long adventure trips as a fish in the mud. I mean if you like to suffer just get a bicycle, it's cheaper and it doesn't cost your wallet so much in case you change your mind. If you're stuck with your sport-bike though, don't let others fall into the same mistake you did. Stop pushing people into wrong decisions and find another way to deal with your sexual issues (maybe have sex once and a while).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle