Ask an Expert fruity exhaust Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > fruity exhaust

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

smudgersmifff

Jan 10

fruity exhaust

hi,i currently own a 2010 yamaha xj6n and would like to fit a "fruity sounding" exhaust but do not want to modify the engine in any way.could you recommend a mid priced system for me.thanx v.much.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 January 2013 21:22)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

fruity

If you have no problems with the bike leave well alone,

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikereviews/searchresults/Bike-Reviews/Yamaha/Yamaha-XJ6-2009-current/

If you want noise take your mother-in-law on the back.

Ride as if every motorist is deaf. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Nice Sounding Exhaust

You go for it mate, replacement exhausts generally make your bike look much better and will definitely make it sound much, much better, you cant beat the rasp and roar of an aftermarket pipe, there will be quite an few to choose from and at a wide price range (have a look on ebay and you might get some ideas), a lot of these don't require your engine to be modified, in fact I have fitted an aftermarket pipe to almost every bike I have had  including, Aprilia, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda and Yamaha, and have never made any changes to the engine nor had any problems resulting from fitment. Go For It!!!!!!! (only thing to be wary of is your insurance! as if declared it can have a big impact on cost)

:biggrin::wink:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle