Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden tips Marc Marquez to shine early MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden tips Marc Marquez to shine early

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden tips Marc Marquez to shine early

Factory Ducati rider Nicky Hayden says he expects highly rated rookie Marc Marquez to be competitive immediately when the new MotoGP season kicks off in Qatar in early April. Marquez will replace retired double MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner at Repsol Honda in 2013 and several high profile rivals have tipped the teenager to make an instant impact. The latest is American...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 January 2013 12:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Saturn

I was unaware of your racing background I would be interested in knowing more.

Dirt bikes, different disciplines - never could get enough interest to try tarmac due to the limited amount of time over a weekend you get on the bike actually competing and the crazy costs.

Offroad gives you 6 - 7 hours on the bike for less than the cost of a tyre in entry fee. One rear tyre can last many events and if you bin it, the bike isn't written off. Value for money it's untouchable.

Regardless of what Wosi spouts, I'm not what he calls a Stoner fanboy and regardless of what Buell spouts, I don't despise Rossi. I can fully appreciate how good Rossi was and still is but I just couldn't take to his character so have never got wrapped up in the hype. He did what he did and beat whoever was there up to 2005. 2006 he screwed up badly, something Wosi and co won't even discuss. Things got tougher from 2007 but he still rode bloody well in 2008 / 9 but Lorenzo was on his case by then with the same equipment and the nastier side of his character began to come through again, just like it did with Gibernau, Melandri, Biaggi and Stoner. Pedrosa without injuries may well have given him more trouble as well and Stoner, without the 2009 illness and with a more stable bike certainly would have.

If he could have accepted the challenge of rivals with good grace and not demanded to be given unfair advantage from team bosses, I could have taken to him more, but the self-adulation and need for attention seeking antics just never did it for me.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Thanks for the insight

Bulto.   It's nice to get an idea of the mindset of people you cross swords with. Some years back I did several seasons of trials and scrambles (motocross in todays language) in the SouthEast at club level - some of the best Sundays of my biking life.  Hope we all get something of what we want from MotoGP in the coming season. Roll on !!!

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Enough banter now! Bring on some tests or racing, cause honestly? I am going crazy with no motorcycle racing to watch! Maybe a poll then. My champs for 2013. Moto Gp Dani Pedrosa Moto2 Luis Salom Moto3 Maverick Vinales. WSBK Tom Sykes Wss Michael van der Mark( gotta say this, after all he is from Holland) BsB Shakey again. What i wonder about most this year? Well, how will the MV Agusta F3 sound in WSS trim. It should be sweet sounding. Damn winter!

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Saturn

I raced Motocross from 6 to 22 (accident end career) Have done club racing and am still involved on that side now. Ive started motocrossing in the veterans series mid season again last year. Its very social but we race hard. Yet still the key board warriors (most of who will have never rode a bike in anger) dismiss our opinions as Fanboy crap. I say what i see, thats all

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

CCB

Thanks for sharing that it reinforces the affinity we already have.  My cousin races in the Southern centre veterans Motocross and has done for some years - health is the big factor now though. What we need is more positive viewpoints than the negative ones. Someone a while back even had the audacity to knock your business  I say good luck to anyone who owns and runs their own business all power to your elbow.   Cheers.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

its ok Saturn

People can dis my business all they like. My handle comes from a very beautiful beautician who fancied the pants off me but never knew my name. nothing wrong with hard work if it pay's well. ( Manage it by the way) Its seems its a crime on here, if your not firmly in one camp or the other. Racing and being successful depend on many things. Skill is primary ,but fortune and a huge slice of luck go with it as well. Rossi had led a charmed career up to 2010, no real injuries etc then a bad decision to join Ducati. The bar raised to high by the young guns? No not really, but is the desire still there? next year will tell. Dani Pedrosa, been very unlucky for a good number of years,not good enough? again hardly, yet slated by many at the start of the season. Stoner? super talent but a failed character who cost himself a good few titles. Marquez? be afraid very afraid, super talent maybe even next year...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

°l°(,,,,);

mehhhh..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

marc marquez

As to the topic, marquez is obviously a super talent, will be very fast, may win races but I think will crash too much to win the title this year. The last guy to win the title on debut was krsr, even if he has krsr's talent which is possible and which would obviously put him right up their given king kenny's record, I doubt he is as seasoned or mature a rider; I didn't see roberts race but I don't think he would have been involved in marquez  type practice  incidents, with the Willairot one in particular being hard to fathom.

If rossi does get an equal bike I suspect he still has it, he still had it on a yamaha as recently as  late 2010 post his injuries, and I think his efforts on the ducati likely reflected the limits of the bike (for him anyway) and a desire to stay alive rather than loss of mojo, as his performance in some of the wet races perhaps indicated.

Stoner may be a relatively failed character in motogp terms because he possibly could have won more titles and certainly could have won more races and got closer to the only 3 riders to have won more races than he has, but if he didn't want to do these things and he and his family are happy and comfortable in his retirement then it hardly indicates any failure as a human being, and having the 4th most premier class wins of all time hardly makes him a sporting failure either. He may actually have burnt himself out pushing the  ducati  as others couldn't, particularly with the constant chorus now proved totally wrong about his deficiencies when riding the thing.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

CCB

Good sensible comments  - having said that  what would MCN be without the ''peasants'' - the slagging and the insults ?  Maybe it would sink without trace beneath the waves. I find some insulting posts very very funny.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

It's been fkn snowing since about 3 am - b*ll***s  means I'll have to clear my drive AGAIN!!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices