Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden tips Marc Marquez to shine early MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden tips Marc Marquez to shine early

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden tips Marc Marquez to shine early

Factory Ducati rider Nicky Hayden says he expects highly rated rookie Marc Marquez to be competitive immediately when the new MotoGP season kicks off in Qatar in early April. Marquez will replace retired double MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner at Repsol Honda in 2013 and several high profile rivals have tipped the teenager to make an instant impact. The latest is American...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 January 2013 12:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bulto

Nice post.  It would appear on the face of it that we have more in common than first thought. I was unaware of your racing background  I would be interested in knowing more.   PM me if you feel inclined - I understand if you don't

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

ffs wosi

Every time I begin to think you are a reasonable man, you do exactly what you accuse others of doing in regard to rossi.

Significantly, the race elias won in 2006 was on sns tyres apart from anything else, and it is what you are when you realise your potential that matters rather than how you are along the way, otherwise leyton hewitt would still be better than roger federer.  

And sure stoner bailed whilst in the lead of the championship because of marc marquez who hadn't as yet won a moto 2 title, had gone close to permanently disabling himself at the end of the previous season, and under the rules at the time couldn't have a factory ride in 2013, and in all likelihood wouldn't have have had the rules changed to give him an hrc ride if stoner hadn't retired. Stoner admittedly may have been fearful, not unreasonably, of the relentless jorge lorenzo which would not necessarily have made him unique among multiple world champions in the field, and if so imo was correct that it would be unwise to take jorge on with less than full commitment. 

You can leave pedrosa, whom I would see as a rider of  similar level to max and sete unless and until he wins a premier class title, and stoner too if you like, but lorenzo is much better than mad max or sete giveupnow, for which proposition I can present the 2009 season rather than his 2 championships, when he ran a close to his peak uninjured rossi pretty damn close. I say this in defence of the current riders not as criticism of rossi, who smashed biaggi and gibernau and everyone else who turned up to race him at that time, and could have done no more than he did. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You can leave pedrosa..Fks sake DF, you'll have Nostro ragging your arse if you carry on like that.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wosi, Biaggi and Gibernau had their chance..

..They were nowhere against Rossi and yet Stoner led your man in the 800cc era in race wins. We have a singular reference point in Rossi - he raced both Biaggi and Gibernau and he smoked 'em, he raced Stoner and Lorenzo and had his arse handed to him. How do you explain that?. I'll tell ya, it's all down to talent my friend, something you'll be hoping Valentino hasn't lost.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Storm in a teacup..

Class is permanant, form is temporary handsome..as Casey showed us all this year.

Come to think of it, are ther ANY classy Australians?

Rossi's time on the Stoner/Preziosi bastard bike can't be counted and, if he has a good showing this year it'll all be a fading distant memory, a bit like Casey.

I'm gonna get a petition up to see if Uncle Carmelo will change the record books. I'm sure he'll listen. 

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I'm sure dear old Uncle will..

..Valentino just needs to put his knee pucks to good use that's all. Something I'm sure he's quite accustomed too anyway!..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You could be right geezer..

..according to Bulto, he's a taker not a giver.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Just get Carmelo to take his teeth out in that case.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Rider aids do exactly what they say on the tin..and all three of them have been riding the big class getting some serious help. Just because the likes of CHR & your good self believe otherwise and they would have smoked Biaggi etc. doesn't make it so.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that Rossi had no electronic aids on his 500 and 990 bikes? Even though Burgess himself said Rossi wanted all the electronic stuff that Doohan wouldn't let them fit. Burgess also said how pleased he was that Rossi wanted them because he wanted to use them

Doohan rejected them mid 90s. Rossi was on the Honda from 2000 - 2003. No electronic aids on a facotry Honda between 2000 and 2003? Yeah right  - when I was able to buy mappable ignition for my motocross bike over the counter in 1999?

Remember, the combination of Rossi's throttle hand and all the elctronic aids available today couldn't control a Ducati. Rossi himself, along with Hayden, Capirossi etc have spoken of how little traction control Stoner used. But you know better.

What makes you think Dani, who smoked Casey and had more wins than Jorge this year, would have out performed Biaggi on a 500?..and Gibernau DID ride an RCV 990 better than Stoner.

Pedrosa finished with more points than Stoner because of the obvious - if you want to call that smoked then go ahead. Gibernau had a factory spec bike with decent tyres as well you know, one of the things that made Rossi quit Honda because they wouldn't give him no.1 status and exclusive use of the best equipment. Stoner rode a satellite bike in a new satellite team, not factory spec and on 2nd rate tyres and remember, Rossi was bitching about the super sticky tyres he was being given as no good, so imagine how bad Stoner's were. So yes, I'd agree that Gibernau had better results on a Honda than Stoner. As for rode it better - that will never be answered as unless they used the same bike, there is no constant by which to measure.

Still the need to keep it real Wosi

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

..according to Bulto, he's a taker not a giver.

ffs man, funny as it is, I don't even want to think about that...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices