Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden tips Marc Marquez to shine early MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden tips Marc Marquez to shine early

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden tips Marc Marquez to shine early

Factory Ducati rider Nicky Hayden says he expects highly rated rookie Marc Marquez to be competitive immediately when the new MotoGP season kicks off in Qatar in early April. Marquez will replace retired double MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner at Repsol Honda in 2013 and several high profile rivals have tipped the teenager to make an instant impact. The latest is American...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 January 2013 12:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Pannyderosa

What the fk is that ?  Another fkn dickhead crawled out from under a stone to spout shite. ( or a previous dickhead under a new name)  you cupid stunt.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Flawed Talent?

It seems very popular to call Stoner a flawed talent but I just dont get it. Why was he flawed and if he was flawed why are Rossi and Lorenzo also not flawed, He crashed in practice at Indy and threw his title chances away. Same as Lorenzo in 2011 & Rossi in 2010. He won Ducati's 1st and only title, he's still the only guy to make the post 2006 Ducati competitive despite Ducati having some of the best talents of their generation on their bike, He won the title on the Honda first time of asking.

I wish I was that flawed.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Flawed talent?

Well again only IMO. But take this past Season, Lorenzo standed the year winning and leading the field in a tight fight, Casey let him get away and build a lead by throwing it away in Germany going for another race win when he didnt need to , messed up his on head and scored an 8th in Italy and put himself under massive pressure to catch up, which culminated with him mullering himself in America. Lorenzo (again only IMO) stayed calm on his poorer day and always brought it home,hence secured himself the title with a cool and calculating approach. With the same approach Stoner may well have won back to back titles, thats his flaw, weakness whatever you want to call it. (imo)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Baa..

In one Tripi.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

CCB

Can't agree with you on that, he messed up in Germany fine but to say it led to some sort of chain reaction I just dont see, Casey has always taken the odd gamble with tyres, sometimes it comes off sometimes it doesnt, the crash at Indy was on cold tyres on a dodgy track. By the same logic you could say Rossi letting Elias out drag him at Estoril in 06 led to him having a meltdown and bining it at Valencia. Which im sure you would agree is utter rubbish..

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Mrkrabs

Who really knows? If i was a betting man though i would always put my money on Lorenzo over Stoner to win the most titles. He's clinical and gets the job done rather than trying to win every race,stoners slight flaw IMO.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Bang on Mr Krabs

I cannot fault Stoner in the manner he rode a bike. The man was pure genius. Even those that say Sachsenring this year was a 'rookie error' show their complete lack of understand of the racing game. These guys try to keep a margin whilst dancing on the razors edge. Mistakes happen to all of them. Just listen to how often Lorenzo described crashes that weren't in post race interviews this year. Stoner himself thought he was not pushing excessively at that corner intending to have a go at Pedrosa on the next one. If a win is a possibility you take the chance - that's what champions do and is afterall what Rossi used to do, before he became a mid packer.

In a way these 'flawed character', 'should have one more titles' backhanders by the Oompa Loompas like CCB inadvertently show they hold Stoner in the highest regard above all others talent wise.

If you want real flawed characters then look no further than these pages. Full of them.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

There you go Nostro

You have to steam straight in with the insults and the your word is good attitude. Im a Oompa Loompa because i point out Caseys faults? Never have i denied his pure speed or blinding talent on a bike. It was ability to use his head and win titles with it. the blinkered one is you my friend , a champion doesnt throw it in the gravel for no good reason with a title on the line. Ego over brains.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Flawed characters Nostro ?

On this forum ?     Stones and glasshouses spring to mind.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

CCB, after all your earlier bluster..

..you're now sounding like a complete amateur. All this drivel about Stoner chucking it in the gravel is cheap shot journalism at best. You have no idea of Stoner's mindset - you can make an assumption in the same way we all can, but to assert his ego was in some way a catalyst for his apparent downfall is a frankly lazy and clichéd viewpoint. He was a pure out and out racer wanting to win every race he took part in - it's inevitable at this level, there will be times when things go wrong..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices