Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden tips Marc Marquez to shine early MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden tips Marc Marquez to shine early

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden tips Marc Marquez to shine early

Factory Ducati rider Nicky Hayden says he expects highly rated rookie Marc Marquez to be competitive immediately when the new MotoGP season kicks off in Qatar in early April. Marquez will replace retired double MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner at Repsol Honda in 2013 and several high profile rivals have tipped the teenager to make an instant impact. The latest is American...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 January 2013 12:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Rainmaker

Two titles in in 12 years of trying? Pure racer or plain stupid at times? Lorenzo who i view has the more clinical approach, 4 titles in 11 years. You say pure racer , i say ego got the better of him at times, neither of us is right or wrong. Lets see how Marquez gets on, he's the one who stands out as having the blinding pace, which way will he go? Stoners or Lorenzo's way?

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Ego! Surely you're mistaken?..

..Stoner struck me as a man with little or no ego. He had a petulant side, there's no question about that, but at world level, I suspect the majority of riders can be diva's at times. He wanted to win races because that's what he grew up doing, not because his ego was the driving force. He shied away from publicity and I think that was ultimately what forced his hand to quit the sport - he apparently hated all the other stuff that he felt was superflous to the racing. Let's not drag this debate into who has a bigger ego, it wouldn't be difficult to build an argument against other's in the paddock..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Cough-Cough..

Rossi did his head in..and is still under his skin.

Decent rider but a choker..time & time again.

Perhaps a couple of years off will see him mature a bit. 

It's just like Nakamoto told us..poor decision making and weak under pressure.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

In answer to your question..

..I hope Marquez is more in the mould of Stoner - whatever you think of him, he was never dull. I like him, but Lorenzo is just too middle of the road for my tastes.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

So Wosi, you believe Nakamoto..

..but what about this? : "It isn't that we don't have confidence in Rossi's feedback," Ciabatti said. "The pressure and the lack of results created a vicious cycle in which he wasn't relaxed enough to completely test the material prepared for him. We simply believe that there is potential and that it wasn't completely explored last year." Surely this is in direct contrast to what you've been telling us all year..

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

2 titles in 12 years

CCB if you don't have a bike capable of winning the title then your not going to win it no matter how good you are. Rossi's last 2 years on the Duc would be proof of that.

To my knowledge Casey never had a factory bike in the junior classes so to win the title against the likes of Pedrosa on trick machinery would have required some kind of Alchemy.

2006 satellite Honda, not gonna win on that. He won a title on the Ducati no one else could even win a race on then won first time out at Honda. you can criticise him for 2012 if you like but as I said you would have to aim the same criticism at Rossi and Lorenzo.

the big differance for me between Stoner and Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa & now Marquez is that for the latter they had top spec machinery for the majority of their carrers which helped them acheive the success to back up their undoubted talent, Casey on the other hand had to fight to prove himself on lower spec machinery, hell his first WC was on a bike no-one else wanted to ride.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Must try harder CHR.

It is Pal..and I don't believe a word of it. What material is he talking about? 

Anyway..what's that got to do with Casey being a serial choker?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

It is Pal..and I don't believe a word of it. What material is he talking about?

Anyway..what's that got to do with Casey being a serial choker?

Purely to highlght your hypocrisy, double standards, selective memory, singular attitude towards one rider, memory loss at one rider's failings etc etc. ?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Oooh..you bitch.

Or is that ponce?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

either'll do

Reply to this Topic